Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Alligators-Crocodiles Forum

Janemba12   CelticTigeress   Bayou Beasts   BoaBabe448   Bayou Beasts   CelticTigeress   CelticTigeress   NIleMonitorMayn   CelticTigeress   Droffiganarchist   Kittycatcaitlin   BoaBabe448   CelticTigeress   CaimanHunters Lady   Bam   Bayou Beasts   CelticTigeress   BoaBabe448   CelticTigeress   CaimanHunters Lady   CelticTigeress   Krokadilyanguy3   CelticTigeress   CaimanHunters Lady   CelticTigeress   Logman234   JimmyDavid   CelticTigeress   SilverSS1969   SilverSS1969  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

Janemba12
View Profile

Are allidiles or crocogators real ?

Please tell me

07/28/04  10:59pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Janemba12   In reference to Message Id: 109236

Alright apparantly Ill be theo nly person to answer this... and apparantly someone on this forum didnt take a science class in school wait its required to graduate... the chromosomes and DNA would not allow for such a cross the only two animals that can breed are a Horse with a Donkey that in turn creates a mule.... a Mule is therefore sterile a Jenny (female) cant birth young because of the mixture of DNA a croc and gator breeding would be like crossing potbelly pigs with elephants for pot bellied Elephants aint ahppening (compliments of SP)IF and thats a BIG if its done it would be by some miracle of science and some screwup in the genetic gene pool you cant breed a cat to a dog.... while gators and crocs are of the same branch of reptillians they are still different types of animals much like birds.. you cant breed a cockatoo with a tiel or a macaw.... just lik you cant breed a Burmese Python with a Ball Python too many differences so in answer to your question No there is no such thing..... *shakes head in disbelief actually took time to answer...must lack free time*

07/29/04  12:02pm

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 109578

I was eating salad and accidently stabed myself with a fork in the chest please help. I think Crocogators are the ones living in NY sewers. LOL

07/29/04  09:50pm

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Message To: Bayou   In reference to Message Id: 110038

I dont think it is possible but could you breed a B.C.I with a B.C.C
like a redtail and a commmon boa or anything like that? I know it is a stupid question but please dont laugh or "stab yourself with a fork" I am just wondering

07/29/04  09:55pm

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 110042

If the family and species are the same but they have a different subspecies they can cross. But 2 animals with different spaeies can’t the dna counts are different and MOST times it doesn’t produce offspring or at least living offspring.

07/30/04  03:12am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Bayou   In reference to Message Id: 110248

Bayou you mean the GIANT ones that swarm the sewers?? wait I bet that thing on lake Placid was a crocodile!!!!!!!!! *grin* yeah I know I think I choked on my drink when I read the question.. I mean theres supposed to be nothing as a stupid questionand with a YOUND child it could be expected but thats something you learn in 7th grade biology!!!!! at the time when your disecting frogs and the like they teach you about the DNA you cannot possibly graduate school without having learned that very same thing.as Mr Hat says "No such thing as stupid questions Just stupid people" Bayou of course can answer the questions without laughing... Me on the other hand HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... anywho back to the point can we say Urban Legends??? the DNA isnt going to cross

07/30/04  11:54am

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 110467

I meant crocogator heh for the lake placid thing ugh ...its 10 o clock do you know where YOUR brain is??? *grin*could say "Im sorry was that a typo or are you just that D**n stupid anywho sorry about the misprint

07/30/04  01:30pm

NIleMonitorMayn
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 110574

i would never think that a "crocogator" or Allidile" was real but i dont see why it couldnt happen...i watch animal planet all the time and recently there was a animal that was amazing..it was a cross between a mule and zebra..alligators have two very differnt structures and i think its possible...maybe ill have to think about this more maybe a little research?

11/17/04  03:34pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: NIleMonitorMayn   In reference to Message Id: 183499

ummm.... your wrong... see heres how that works Nile... a Horse and a Donkey are crossed to make a mule.. now though the breeds reproduce offspring a Jenny and Jack are Sterile... so in all honesty I dont buy the Mule being crossed with the zebra see theres a lesson in genetic crossing and alters.. now RARELY a Jenny can be bred to a Horse ie a stallion and reproduce but stallion as in Horse.. again rare

11/17/04  06:17pm

Droffiganarchist
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 183633

Celtic,
What you said about the only two animals that BREED was correct, but they have cross bred lions and tigers to make tigons and ligers. If you don’t believe me call the San Diego Zoo. Anyways, I’m not sure about about crocigators and what not.

04/16/05  05:20pm

Kittycatcaitlin
View Profile

Message To: Droffiganarchist   In reference to Message Id: 312163

At a zoo near where I live they have a zonkey (a zebra and a donkey). Don’t say that it couldn’t happen because I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

04/16/05  07:29pm

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Message To: Kittycatcaitlin   In reference to Message Id: 312283

Mule’s can’t be breed to anything....they are a hybrid between a donkey and a horse. THe only way to get mules is to cross the two, you can’t breed mules and mules. and you can’t breed mules and anything else.

04/16/05  07:33pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 312288

Boa thats where you wrong, I have pictures and proof that say otherwise. A JENNY MULE which is a female can be bred to a HORSE and reproduce offsping, a JACK MULE cant breed to anythign at all, hes completely sterile. trust me darlin this is one thing you cant dispute. but a Jenny and a Jack cant be bred to one another.

Now Im not saying it can happen all the time some Jennys just cant take, like humans heh....but Jennys can produce offspring, typically they breed Jennys to drafts and other large bred or heavy horses to produce the large Mules you see at shows and pulling and on farms. since most Horses bred to Donkeys produce small off spring they breed the Jennys to a larger Horse so you have offspring that will reach roughly 15hands or so rather then typical 13-14...some even hit close to 16hands high. But yes Boa darlin they can reproduce. We bred enough of them with some of our hanovers as well as Nigel who was my percheron to get some nice sizes. (On occasion we bred to the SB and TBs but they dont make as good of a combo not as stocky as being bred to a draft)

Celtic

04/17/05  08:30pm

CaimanHunters Lady
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 313586

Oh my, am I confused now!!!! And here all this time I thought that those really BIG reptile thingys in the movies were REAL.... Sheesh, was I taken in..... I’m NEVER gonna believe one of those movies again.

Terri

04/17/05  11:27pm

Bam
View Profile

Message To: CaimanHunters   In reference to Message Id: 313812

I once cross bred a goat with a dog. I called it a dolt.

And I cross bred a dove with a lark and called it a dork.

There was the time I cross bred a diamondback with a fer-de-lance and called it a dunce.

And another time I cross bred a tasmanian devil with a wombat and called it a twit.

04/18/05  09:03am

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: Bam   In reference to Message Id: 314103

I bred a bull dog to a shitzu and called it a BULL $#!t. LOL

Tony

04/18/05  01:01pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Bayou   In reference to Message Id: 314286

lol Im all about that

but I was stating to Boa truth on the matter of crossing a Mule with a Horse...only Jennys (females) thats all

*gasp*Mama??yo...you mean no say it isnt so...that the cute lil cuddly croc on Lake placid isnt real??? Now I have to go cry to my hearts content

04/18/05  05:16pm

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 314553

Oh. That makes sense. My grandma has a Mule (its a boy) and she said it could never be breed to anything ,cus its sterile. So I figured it was like that with all mules. My bad.

My aunt bred a pekaneise with a shitzu and called it a Pikachu. Whoever bought it, ended up calling it a peice-a-$hit

04/18/05  05:49pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 314588

Its a common misconception darlin. Mules (Jacks) are sterile yes...but for some reason a Jenny (female) Isnt...some are but its capable of breeding. The average NMule stands about 14 hands, thus why most Jens are bred to draft/heavy Horses... so they are taller hands wise. Thats all I was doing darlin is explaining to you no biggie..

though I am still upset *sniffle*the cute baby from Lake Placid isnt real...Gotta go sulk now

04/18/05  08:53pm

CaimanHunters Lady
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 314834

Celtic,

You think you’re upset about the lil’ cutie in Lake Placid not being real??? I’m REALLY, REALLY UPSET. I was gonna catch him and put him on exhibit and then not have to work the rest of my life cause I’m rich and famous!!!

But, in all honestly, I have heard of some very select cases of horses and zebras cross-breeding. They do have a very distant ancestor from what I remember but their divergent genes don’t allow very much in the way of breeding and any type of cross-breeding stability - i.e. a generation after generation, etc.

Terri

04/18/05  09:15pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CaimanHunters   In reference to Message Id: 314869

Mom

We had one...a Zebra that is and we did cross. We had Arrogance (My Male Zebra) With one of the TWH Mares we had here. they cross either way ie stud to mare Zebra being the sire or Stud to Mare the Dam being the Zebra they make a mule. OR you can cross a donkey with a zebra and get a mule. Arrogance was al il prick though Ill scan pics but they are of me when I was like 7 heh. Again same concept a zebra horse or donkey zebra cross forms a mule and sterility

As for the Placid you wouldnt forget your loving favorite daughter would you???

Kat

BTW guess what!! I Got into college!!!!!!!!!!!! Heh

04/19/05  07:59pm

Krokadilyanguy3
View Profile

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on, but Animals within the same Family can and do reproduce. (e.g. Lampropeltis x Pituophis; Morelia x Python; Clemmys x Emydoidea) The offspring being fertile.
Now, this would of course it would be a stretch to say Burm X Ball, but we would have to consider more things than just genetics. (As far as I am aware, they are genetically viable.) Point being, under ideal circumstances and a bland out consideration, Genus; Species and Subspecies within the same family can and often do reproduce.

And for the record, yes all Boa constrictor ssp. can reproduce together and do produce fertile offspring.

As for the original question, I have heard rumors of Alligators and American crocodile hybridization but I’ve never seen the proof. I have heard rumors of Caimans reproducing with crocodiles (Spec x Cuban) so on and so forth, however these are only rumors. As stated before the genetic differences between the two are highly diverse, so odds are it’s improbable.
Zane

04/20/05  09:17pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Krokadilyanguy3   In reference to Message Id: 317288

Well Zane

Right now we are explaining to Boa that Horses and Donkeys cross and that ONLY a Jenny Mule is fertile, the same goes with Zebras and horses crossing...this is perhaps one of the older posts on here

Kat

04/21/05  11:07am

CaimanHunters Lady
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 315964

College??? Awesome!!! Where, what, when . . . . I’m very excited for you. Are you still working? I’m not - I was laid off last Wednesday. Ick!! I’m still going to school - but it’s so darn expensive - we’ll really have to budget for the next few semesters.

Good luck and let Bam and I know what’s going on!!!!

And I thought I knew a little bit about the Zebra-Horse mixes - but not really enough. I’m pretty sure they aren’t very useful so they aren’t often crossed - but again, I might be wrong on that.

Hugs,
Terri

04/21/05  10:20pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: CaimanHunters Lady   In reference to Message Id: 318398

Midlands Tech right now for My EMT schooling mum. Laid off??? ACK who do I have to kill for that?? Ill pack a gun and go postal!!! Ill keep in touch if not here then via phone. Ill just be REALLY busy and stressed and too tired to care....but I will get there...What happened and why????Yes Im still working but I pissed the Major off because I am attending school

Hugs and kisses and all my love to you and Da Bam

Kat

04/22/05  08:34pm

Logman234
View Profile

Message To: Janemba12   In reference to Message Id: 109236

I think they are real. It is just they can not get close enough to them.

04/19/06  04:06pm

JimmyDavid
View Profile

Message To: Logman234   In reference to Message Id: 748171

Although mules are usually sterile, there has been the ocasional few that can breed.
Also i don’t think Burms and ball pythons have unmatching dna. In theory they can breed. I have heard of such cross but never seen it with my own eyes. But it wouldn’t be much different from crossing a burm with an afrock, wich happens a lot in captivity.

04/23/06  06:16pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: JimmyDavid   In reference to Message Id: 754775

JImmy *thumbs the thread* wow this got loooong quick heh... we have covered it

scientific studies prove that MALES are sterile and on occasion though rare, a Jenny (female) can take to breeding, they will take a Jenny breed her to a draft to make the large mules

There hasnt been proof to state otherwise against a male being sterile though they have proven a female can..though I love your imput in regards to Burms and balls

04/23/06  09:34pm

SilverSS1969
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 755118

They might not be able to breed but hows to say some scientist thats playing got wont take a Male Croc and female gator and make a test tube baby to inplant back into the gator. Like the ligar for example. Half lion half tigar. It staral but they have made these. They are nearly twic the size of a full grown tiger or lion. When they made them they took the growth gene from both cats and produce a huge cat.

04/25/06  06:30pm

SilverSS1969
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 755118

They might not be able to breed but whos to say some scientist thats playing god wont take a Male Croc and female gator and make a test tube baby to inplant back into the gator. Like the liger for example. Half lion half tigar. It staral but they have made these. They are nearly twic the size of a full grown tiger or lion. When they made them they took the growth gene from both cats and produce a huge cat.

04/25/06  06:31pm
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Alligators-Crocodiles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area