Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anoles Forum

Vailedfan   Atrax27407   Vailedfan   Atrax27407  
 Member  Message

Vailedfan
View Profile

Looking for a care sheet for a Anolis cristatellus wileyae, Eastern Puerto Rican

hi all,

i just got a Anolis cristatellus wileyae, Eastern Puerto Rican Crested Anole from my local pet store. thay were trying to say it was a common brown but i knew better as soon as i saw it. i still didnt know what it was when i bought it, but after a few hours searching on line i found out what it was. howver i have found very little information on them though.

im interested in finding out the genral facts and care info... IE: temps needed, diet, size, enviorment requirements..ect..

can anyone pls help me out?

08/08/10  08:02pm

Atrax27407
View Profile

Message To: Vailedfan   In reference to Message Id: 2167981

Looking for a care sheet for a Anolis cristatellus wileyae, Eastern Puerto Rican

The environmental conditions for A. cristatellus (and subspecies) is the same as for A. carolinensis. They are a bit shorter but stouter than carolinensis. At least in the Miami area, they occupy the environmental niche once-occupied by A. carolinensis.

08/09/10  08:27am

Vailedfan
View Profile

Message To: Atrax27407   In reference to Message Id: 2168069

Thanks for the info. I was told at the pet store thAt it was less then 3 months old.however it is about 5.5 inches long. Does that mean he is full grown?

08/11/10  12:09pm

Atrax27407
View Profile

Message To: Vailedfan   In reference to Message Id: 2168583

They are probably wrong on their estimate. At 5.5", it is very nearly full-grown.

08/11/10  03:49pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area