Anoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Babyjae   AmbuBadger   Babyjae   AmbuBadger  

Member  Message

Babyjae
View Profile

Worried about my female green anole.

Hello, I have a female green anole & I think she might be pregnant. I picked her up a few minutes ago & noticed a clear discharge coming from her u know what. I also noticed a bump on the upper part of her tail. I’m very worried about her. I would appreciate it if someone can get back to me.. plseee!!! Thank u

10/05/17  09:44pm

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Babyjae   In reference to Message Id: 2321338

The clear discharge may just be urine, but can you tell us more about the bump on her tail? Also, what’s she eating, and are you providing her with vitamin & calcium powder? Anoles females can carry sperm from a mating episode months ago and lay fertile eggs now. They can also lay dud eggs, which are yellow and will never hatch.

10/06/17  12:01am

Babyjae
View Profile

Message To: AmbuBadger   In reference to Message Id: 2321339

Hi, thank u for your reply. The bump is on the top of her tail. It hasn’t gotten any bigger but when I touched it & gave it a like squeeze that’s when the clear liquid came out of her lil thing thing. As far as vitamins & calcium I use a calcium spray that the petstore recommended.

10/08/17  01:59am

AmbuBadger
View Profile

Message To: Babyjae   In reference to Message Id: 2321341

It’s possible she has an infection and the fluid is draining from a cyst. As long as it is clear and free of odor, she may make a recovery. Keep the temps warm for her and be sure to check her poop for anything unusual. Be sure she stays hydrated, too! Good luck!

10/08/17  06:31pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area