Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Anoles Forum

Abbeys_Mom   Ogoao   Atrax27407   1st snake   Abbeys_Mom   Anole~Lover   N!ck[?]  
 Member  Message

Abbeys_Mom
View Profile

Nose rubbing

My green anole has been rubbing her nose on the glass ALOT. Is there anything I can do?

08/16/06  02:43pm

Ogoao
View Profile

Message To: Abbeys_Mom   In reference to Message Id: 942387

Nose rubbing

how big is her cage? Is she eating? how old is she?

mel

08/16/06  05:06pm

Atrax27407
View Profile

Message To: Ogoao   In reference to Message Id: 942545

Nose rubbing

Putting a background on three sides seems to help in a lot of cases.

08/16/06  06:35pm

1st snake
View Profile

Message To: Abbeys_Mom   In reference to Message Id: 942387

Nose rubbing

maybe when it sees its reflection its being terriotorial or something

08/16/06  07:55pm

Abbeys_Mom
View Profile

Message To: 1st snake   In reference to Message Id: 942838

Nose rubbing

Sheís small, I donít know how old she is. Sheís in a 27g tall. Thereís already a background on the back. Sheís eating fine. She is also very healthy and active. Itís hard for me to say, but she just seems curious as to why she canít get out. She follows my hand if itís in the tank. She hasnít hurt her nose get, but sheís given it a few good bumps. I hope sheís just adjusting, I havenít had her long.

08/16/06  08:12pm

Anole~Lover
View Profile

Message To: Abbeys_Mom   In reference to Message Id: 942868

Nose rubbing

I had an anole that did this. Eventually, I took him to the vet as he had developed a wound on his nose and couldnít breathe through it, so it appeared he had a respiratory infection. He didnít, but since the bump covered his nostrils, he had to use his mouth. Anyway, I put a background on the three sides and also a thick strip on the front. This stopped all of the glass stuff. The vet also told me to rub some ointment she gave me on his bump (he had early stages of mouth rot, had a calcuim deficiency, and wouldnít eat [had to force feed him baby food and worms]). I donít know how bad your anoleís problem is, but I am aware that rubbing can cause mouth rot...it did in my anole. You may want to take her to a vet, or at least find out if there is an ointment to rub on her nose to ease the itching if it is mouth rot.

08/17/06  02:41pm

N!ck[?]
View Profile

Message To: Anole~Lover   In reference to Message Id: 944111

Nose rubbing

mine does that sometimes, all i do is pick him up(i no im not soppose to) and put him on the floor...he runs around for a couple minutes and then i put him back in his cage and he acts normal again(this normaly acurse when hes done shedding)

08/17/06  03:48pm

Back to Anoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area