Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Ball Python Forum

CaneBreak   Chishower   CaneBreak   CaneBreak   Jeff7777   Chishower   Rabernet   Mr.M   Rabernet   HerpGirl   Mr.M   Rabernet   Mikk   Mikk   Coloherp   Mr.M  
 Member  Message

CaneBreak
View Profile

Can i feed my ball python fish?

i just got lots of fish and right now my water dragon is eating them all but i want to know if my ball can eat them too

04/23/06  08:24pm

Chishower
View Profile

Message To: CaneBreak   In reference to Message Id: 754958

Nope

04/23/06  08:33pm

CaneBreak
View Profile

Message To: CaneBreak   In reference to Message Id: 754958

Please i really need help here...reptile zone people never answer my questions

04/23/06  08:33pm

CaneBreak
View Profile

Message To: Chishower   In reference to Message Id: 754974

Why is that?

04/23/06  08:34pm

Jeff7777
View Profile

Message To: CaneBreak   In reference to Message Id: 754975

dont know. i have heard of a cornsnake eating goldfish that were in his water bowl...but not sure. they do eat a variety of things in the wild, not just frozen mice-cicles!

04/23/06  08:35pm

Chishower
View Profile

Message To: Jeff7777   In reference to Message Id: 754984

They have basically no nutrition, are parasite laden, and with cheap suitble prey avaliable at every pet store why would you even want to?

04/23/06  08:45pm

Rabernet
View Profile

Message To: Chishower   In reference to Message Id: 755009

And they wouldnít eat them because there is no heat signature for them to zone into. They are ambush hunters, and a fish isnít going to go swimming by their hide.

Plus, they just arenít their natural foods - give them rodents, and rodents only.

04/23/06  09:55pm

Mr.M
View Profile

Message To: Rabernet   In reference to Message Id: 755170

What wilderness environment have you been to thatís got frozen mousecicles scampering through the trees(LOL). Sorry just yanking your chain.

04/24/06  12:41am

Rabernet
View Profile

Message To: Mr.M   In reference to Message Id: 755389

Quote:

What wilderness environment have you been to thatís got frozen mousecicles scampering through the trees(LOL). Sorry just yanking your chain.

No where - which is why I feed live!

04/24/06  07:07am

HerpGirl
View Profile

Message To: Rabernet   In reference to Message Id: 755592

Fish are even bad for your water dragon. If youíre going to feed ANY animal fish, make sure theyíre silver guppies, silver minnows, and silver goldfish.

These contain less harmful chemicals, and are less likely to break down any essential vitamins in your animalís body. An animal who eats too many orange colored fish has a vitamin defeciency. Trust me, I know what Iím talking about.

04/24/06  07:23am

Mr.M
View Profile

Message To: HerpGirl   In reference to Message Id: 755596

Are You guys trying to say I just got my first fish eating RedBelly watersnake and I shouldnít feed it fish? What if I get fish from the krogers deli case like cat fish nuggets? This guy is only like 9 or 10 inches right now. What about bait shop minnows are they safe. Will they eat crickets this small.

04/24/06  12:16pm

Rabernet
View Profile

Message To: Mr.M   In reference to Message Id: 755781

Quote:

What if I get fish from the krogers deli case like cat fish nuggets?

Only if theyíre fried!

Now Iím yanking your chain! LOL

04/24/06  12:58pm

Mikk
View Profile

Message To: Rabernet   In reference to Message Id: 755838

i was talking to this lady in the petshop. she said her mom hated mice so she wouldnt let her bring them in the house. she fed her python goldfish. just heat it up so they have some sort of a heat signature and she said it loved the fish. it might work but i dont think they are very nutritionous. you would have to put certaint things into the fish so that the snake gets the right vitamins and what not. that would be too much of a pain just go with mice. this lady was able to do it some how but if you dont have every little thing the snake needs say byebye ball

04/24/06  03:17pm

Mikk
View Profile

Message To: Rabernet   In reference to Message Id: 755838

i was talking to this lady in the petshop. she said her mom hated mice so she wouldnt let her bring them in the house. she fed her python goldfish. just heat it up so they have some sort of a heat signature and she said it loved the fish. it might work but i dont think they are very nutritionous. you would have to put certaint things into the fish so that the snake gets the right vitamins and what not. that would be too much of a pain just go with mice. this lady was able to do it some how but if you dont have every little thing the snake needs say byebye ball

04/24/06  03:18pm

Coloherp
View Profile

Message To: Mikk   In reference to Message Id: 756027

To answer the question: They can eat fish, I just donít see a CH BP eating a fish. It hard enough trying to get most snakes to switch types of rodents, let alone an entirely different kind of species. If you can do it best of luck and let us know how you did it.

04/24/06  03:30pm

Mr.M
View Profile

Message To: Coloherp   In reference to Message Id: 756054

Hey guys It donít matter if they will eat fish or not... I just got done rearranging this watersnake I got tank and he has been eating the gold not orange gold fish. I put him in his deli container and he made a poo poo and when I got ready to put him back in his tank, I popped the lid off and just about did a back flip. Man I thought my sonís farts were bad! Let me just say if that smell is what I got to look forward to this otherwise handsome and friendly watersnake isnít going to be under my roof for long, this lil snake stunk up the house so bad I opened all the windows and stuck fans In them facing out to get rid of that funk. We decided to skip dinner tonite. SSSSHHHHEEEEWWWWWW WWWWEEEEE. Save yourself donít feed your BP fish. Iíll let him keep the swimming pool but heís diffently getting switched to rodents or traded off for something else.

04/28/06  02:01am

Back to Ball Python Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area