Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Poppy   XenaKieran   Bones   Caroline  
 Member  Message

Poppy
View Profile

How often do bearded dragons poop?

I have just bought a new bearded dragon 3 days ago. She hasn’t pooped since saturday. She is eating but is not going to the bathroom. She was stressed with the move the last few days but now she is more settled. She is playing in her cage. Any advice?

10/05/04  7:25am
Sorry, No Replies

XenaKieran
View Profile

Message To: Poppy   In reference to Message Id: 155244

hehe I can impart alittle advice here... when I first got Zoey she only pooped 3 times in 12 days... I couldnt figure out why.. took her back to the pet store.. she pooped everyday for them...

I apparently was not feeding her enough. I was doing like 5 crix in the am and 5 in the pm... hardly enough... when I brought her home.. I was able to feed her 12-17 crix in am and then again in the pm... was about 6-8 weeks old at this point.

10/05/04  7:36am
Sorry, No Replies

Bones
View Profile

Message To: XenaKieran   In reference to Message Id: 155251

I have myself have good success with a nice long warm bath, that also stimulates a bowel movement. I also agree more feeding definitely equals more poop. I feed my guy about 3 times a day, and he poops 2 times everyday, and sometimes 3. I would try a nice warm bath, and if she/he is a baby feed them as much as they want. I may have actually overfed mine. He is getting quite plump. LOL

10/05/04  8:28am
Sorry, No Replies

Caroline
View Profile

Message To: Bones   In reference to Message Id: 155264

Same here, Grendel always takes a big poop at the end of his bath.

10/05/04  10:11am
Sorry, No Replies

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area