Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area  

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Tony1134   Dadx2mj   Tony1134   Kappa   Kappa   Xta  
 Member  Message

Tony1134
View Profile

Are baby bearded dragons supposed to change color?

I just bought a baby bearded dragon that is about a month old or so. When i first bought it, it was yellow and orange. the next day i noticed that it has turned to a very dark brown. Then even later that day it turned back too its original color. Then today (8/19/2003) it started to get green on its sides. I just wanna know if thats heathy or normal becuase i havnt read about it anywhere and i was just wondering if its something i should worry about.

08/19/03  1:51pm
Sorry, No Replies

Dadx2mj
View Profile

Message To: Tony1134   In reference to Message Id: 5925

I am far from an expert and I am sure some who know more will come along soon enough. That being said my Berdie changed colors many times as she grew and still has more subtle color changes at times. So I really dont think that is cause for any concern.

08/19/03  3:28pm
Sorry, No Replies

Tony1134
View Profile

Message To: Dadx2mj   In reference to Message Id: 5930

Thanks for the help. I didnt really think it would be much of a concern but i also didnt think they changed their color that drastically in a short amount of time.

08/19/03  3:38pm
Sorry, No Replies

Kappa
View Profile

Message To: Tony1134   In reference to Message Id: 5931

My guys usually get really dark before a shed, light changed can also effect thier colors greatly.

08/20/03  4:31am
Sorry, No Replies

Kappa
View Profile

Message To: Tony1134   In reference to Message Id: 5931

My guys usually get really dark before a shed, light changed can also effect thier colors greatly.

08/20/03  4:31am
Sorry, No Replies

Xta
View Profile

Message To: Kappa   In reference to Message Id: 5983

Flapjack gets lighter when he is sleeping or when he gets too hot. When he is trying to warm up, he gets darker.

08/20/03  8:11pm
Sorry, No Replies

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Log-In   Log-Out   Members Area