Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Corn Snakes Forum

Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   Cornymofo   Fairy Frog Mother   ShadowAceD   ShadowAceD   Fairy Frog Mother   Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   ShadowAceD   Millinex   ShadowAceD  
 Member  Message

Millinex
View Profile

Corn snake gravid?

Picked up these today, no prior info other than that they are a pair and they have bred before, she looks gravid to me, but I’m not sure how far along or anything:

Shes the amel, male ate right off, female refused food and is looking awfully plump towards her cloaca.

04/16/11  08:21pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2214745

Corn snake gravid?

For someone so experienced with reptiles I find it amusing you can’t tell if a corn snake is gravid.

Oh ... I also find it interested you flipped the male already. The day after you got him and fed him no less ...

Yeah, you’re a winner.

04/18/11  01:08am

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2214913

Corn snake gravid?

I’m not sure what you’re speaking of, however, I can tell you I don’t have much experience with corns, and was hoping to get second opinions on the snake. I thought she was gravid, and I wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me and had the same notion.

Also not sure what you are referring to as flipping the male already? I still have the male, he’s 4 feet away from me after I removed him from the female this morning.

04/18/11  01:19pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2214965

Corn snake gravid?

Your facebook says otherwise.

04/18/11  02:19pm

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2214976

Corn snake gravid?

My facebook? I mean hell if you want I’ll give you a time stamped picture next to the snake. Clearly you’re slightly confused and mislead.

04/18/11  10:39pm

Cornymofo
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2215055

Corn snake gravid?

Why can’t we all just get along?????????

04/20/11  10:20am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Cornymofo   In reference to Message Id: 2215221

Corn snake gravid?

Woah Shadow Ace D- something happen here I dont know about? Ive not seen you snarky like this in a long long time ( and in the past its been chastising folks who really have unhealthy lookin snakes who were in danger from owners that were less than just a bit neglectful.) You ok?

to the OP: Good that you removed your male from your female.
A year and a half ago, I was given three classroom cornsnakes from my friends kids classroom, to take care of for the summer.

They arrived with a filthy tank- two adults and one juvinile snake. I wasnt told til the end of the summer that the Juvinile snake had been regurging before he came into my temporary care. He continued this ( totally stressed out as he was in hte same tank with the other two) and the day after I cleaned the tank and put in fresh humid moss etc- the female laid her eggs. (second clutch)
I still have two of the babies (there are pictures further back- and my old stories should be archived here from hatching etc) and adore them. They have great personalities.

May I suggest getting a book on the subject. Kathy Love has great books on Corns that should cover this subject far more expertly than I can.

04/21/11  09:49am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2215355

Corn snake gravid?

This guy is a flipper and a troll, FFM.

He takes in animals for low to no cash, holds them for a weeks top, then turns aorund and sells them for a higher price without any true knowledge of their health and background.

He doesn’t even ask for info on them when people discard them.

He acts like a rescue, but he is nothing more than someone looking to make a quick buck.

He is garbage to the reptile community.

He tried to claim that this name on RepticZone is not the same on FaunaClassifieds, but I found his FaceBook and it most certainly is.

That’s why I am being snarky.

04/22/11  02:30am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2215490

Corn snake gravid?

Holds them for two weeks tops. ***

This is all by his own admission, by the way.

04/22/11  02:31am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2215491

Corn snake gravid?

Thank you for the info.

I knew that wasnt your normal response with people and there had to be something behind it.
Snark away!

04/23/11  12:14am

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2215602

Corn snake gravid?

I mean if you want to harass my facebook go ahead. Goes to show you have absolutely no life whatsoever, and I completely leave you guys alone and have moved on. I have the pair and the eggs all in my possession. I’m starting my own ball breeding project. The male above should actually end up going to a friend of mine for his daughter as a pet.

Feel free to stalk me all day, it really doesn’t bother me at all, see, I hardly notice. All it proves is that you have nothing better to do than to stalk me across multiple boards, facebook, and craigslist because your life is such a dismal waste that you have nothing better to do.

I leave you alone, I’m going to ask kindly one single time, to piss off and leave me alone as well.

04/23/11  12:25am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2215607

Corn snake gravid?

First off, I am not stalking your FaceBook. I looked it up THAT night and in ten minutes found all the info I needed.

Second, I did it to show you are a liar, and it would be easy to prove that to others.

Finally, you can try to deflect all you want by throwing this back on me to make me look bad, but the fact remains you are still the kid that decided to brag about being a flipper. You are still the kid who is using the guise of a rescue as a business to make money. You are still the kid who is an irresponsible waste to this industry. You are still the kid who thinks none of your crap sticks when it most certainly does.

04/23/11  12:44am

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2215611

Corn snake gravid?

The funny part is. I never once claim to be a rescue, I openly state on my page I am NOT a rescue and I do NOT keep all animals. I give people the option to drop their reptiles off with me rather than other places. Hell I got one just the other day who was going to be let loose at a local park unless I drove down and got it, and I openly state to everyone who gives me an animal I will find a proper home for it if I do not keep it.

I guess I’m a flipper for buying 10 baby balls the other day, and I’m now reselling them at a higher price, just like a lot of people who got those bags? Very little information, no idea of health, nothing, but it’s no big deal there eh?

In case you don’t understand the fundamentals of economics, the general way to do things is buy low sell high. I do this with every animal I purchase online, every piece of reptile equipment I don’t want, etc.

Please, do tell me who buying this bag of baby balls and reselling them (imports with no background) is any different from getting a snake (long term captive, very little background because its dumped on me), is any different? I don’t see you yelling at Ben for selling a bunch of his dinker balls within days of getting them, with no 6 month wait period do you? The only difference is I got my start on craigslist taking in unwanted pets and finding them homes. Ridicule me all you want, but there is literally 0 difference between me, and many many other people in this hobby.

-Mike

04/23/11  01:21am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2215615

Corn snake gravid?

That’s cute ... the proud little troll is being bothered by getting called out.

I don’t even know who Ben is.

I don’t care for any flipper in the industry. So ... you’re right, there is no difference. You are all garbage as far as I am concerned.

That is why "reputable breeder" and "flipper" are two vastly different terms.

I understand economics, you arrogant little snot so drop your "holier than thou" attitude, ’cause I ain’t buying it. I also understand that the game you are playing is very dangerous and irresponsible.

People wonder why so many collections have issues of disease and so many animals end up in horrible conditions, but it really is simple. Greedy jerks like you get in this industry to spend a few years flipping animals to make a profit with no true concern for the animals, their well being or where they end up with only to get out in less than a decade, flood the market with crap or produce crap from the unknown origin crap they obtain and pretend to be worthwhile breeders. True breeders are not in this hobby solely for the money, by the way, but you would not be aware of this because you have proven that all you care about is the money.

You can try to dress it up all you want, kid, but you are not a good contributer to this hobby/industry/market and you likely never will be.

FYI - You got your start on Craigslist taking in unwanted animals just to turn around and sell them. That is the very definition of craptacular hobbyist/flipper, just so you are aware.

04/23/11  02:02am

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2215617

Corn snake gravid?

Tell me, are you a member of PETA? You seem really full of yourself and seem to think very highly of YOUR opinion. Opinions are like butt sniff, everyone has them, yours is not more special than the others, so stop acting like it. I have no problem being called out, and I have no problem saying I don’t know the background of all my animals, a lot of people in the hobby do not, so get over yourself.

04/23/11  07:11pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2215671

Corn snake gravid?

It is not MY opinion that what you are doing is the wrong way to handle selling animals. It is a simple fact you seem to be unable to live with.

Reputable breeders do know the background of their animals. Flippers rarely do. Again, stop trying to put yourself in the same class as reputable breeders.

Also, just to help educate you .. PETA is an ecoterroist group filled with radical jackassery that I find to be moronic. If you knew anything about the organization you would know that if I was a member of that group, I would be against the posession of reptiles of any kind, I would want domesticated animals spayed and nuetered into extinction and I would want people to stop eating live stock. Needless to say, I do not hold any of those beliefs or desires.

04/25/11  10:55am

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2215862

Corn snake gravid?

I know people who are held in very high respect in the community who import a lot of animals, with 0 background info, wild caught, and are sold. 0 info = 0 info. Cry more please you uneducated baboon. It is YOUR opinion, as a lot of people I know appreciate what I do, so frankly, your opinion doesn’t matter. If anyone is a detriment to this hobby, it’s you for being a know it all stuck up "cyber policeman" when in reality, you should be finding ways to occupy your sad excuse for a life with real life issues rather than harassing someone over the internet.

Oh well, goes to prove you literally do have nothing better to do, and absolutely no life. ;)

04/25/11  01:04pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2215880

Corn snake gravid?

Says the person who has enough of a life to keep responding?

Oh ... I forgot. You make 120K a year working an IT job, huh? While attending a community college for zoo keeping courses. Got it.

Give me a break, kid.

04/25/11  02:46pm

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2215902

Corn snake gravid?

You try far too hard to spy on my personal life, it’s flattering really. As for me not having a life because I respond. In case you didn’t notice, because you’re too retarded to understand: this is my thread. I check my threads. I reply to my threads. Notice how I’m not seeking you out across forums, facebook, craigslist, etc? That is why I say you have no life, because you feel the need to badger me 24/7 because in reality, you’re some old washed up hag and your husband is off screwing some decent looking chick, while all you sit at home and try to pass the time by harassing me online. It’s cute, it really is ;)

04/29/11  01:46am

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2216456

Corn snake gravid?

Just ... Lol.

04/29/11  05:11pm

Millinex
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2216544

Corn snake gravid?

The funny part is, you come to all sorts of forums, my facebook, and now even craigslist to badger me, and you claim I have no life for responding in my own thread? Is this some sort of joke or are you legitimately mentally handicapped?

04/29/11  05:19pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Millinex   In reference to Message Id: 2216546

Corn snake gravid?

First off, I have nothing to do with your Craigslist Ads being flagged. There are Craigslist Nazis in every city who sit and flag in the "Pet" section all day long. Second, it takes about twenty of these flags before your ad is even removed, so one person alone is incapable of getting an ad removed from the site because it logs IP addresses. I know this because I sent an e-mail asking about it when an ad I had was constantly getting flagged when I was trying to sell a terrarium.

Third, it literally took me five minutes to find your Facebook information because your first and last name is on FaunaClassifieds, and the reason I did that was because the location you stated you were from and the one you registered on Fauna do not match. That is not allowed on that site, however, I have not reported you for it because I don’t feel like it.

Finally, I haven’t even badgered you on Facebook, all I did was look up your info, read it and click the link to your your M&M Reptiles which is clearly marked on your Facebook, so ... all in all, that took about ten minutes worth of effort and time.

I have been a member of this forum for years and check it every day as I do with several other forums I am a part of, so I am hardly here just for you. I called you out here, sure, but that is because you admitting to trolling in the Fauna Chat and amused the majority of the members there with your arrogant snobbery for a while so I felt the need to give you a taste of your own medicine, which you have clearly shown a distaste for, so that only encourages me more.

You are a liar and I merely exposed you as such.

And, for the record, I work a full time job, go to school and have my zoo to care for everyday, I have a bit of a life. However, in your maturity, you can continue to sit here and speculate on my lack of life, my weight, the size of my husband and various other things you seem to like to use as deflection to hide your bruised little ego, but I really do not care. At the end of the day, I am not sweating, thinking or caring about any of this. I simply come back because you are just oh too easy.

04/30/11  10:34am

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area