Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Corn Snakes Forum

Corny74   Crturley   Corny74   Crturley   Corny74   Crturley   Schnebbles  
 Member  Message

Corny74
View Profile

Question for Psychotic

I have seen some of your other comments and you seem to know alot about corn snakes. I have posted pics of my corns snake on this forum and the general forum. Its driving me crazy wondering what she is. Plus one day I might want to breed and if I don’t know what she is how will I know what her babies are? I had a few comments but I do not think they are correct. I do not know what she is but I know what she is not. Because of her light color I got comments about varies type of amel combo snakes. Like snow and opal. But those have albino eyes. Hers are navy. Besides I have held snows and they look nothing like her.

She was listed at pet store as Ashy aka cinder. I went to that Ians website she looks nothing like those. But maybe one of her parents was that. I have looked at almost every snake at that website and another one a few look like her but none exactly that I saw. She cannot be that rare I mean she was only $50 and that was at a pet store!!

She has a pearly white belly no checkers, she looks pinkish especially in sunlight but that might be because she is a baby. She has light tan motley like spots on top. She has thin stripe on side so I do not know if she is motley, stripe or bloodred. In the middle her spots are not a perfect circle though they look alittle smeared. Here are 2 pics of her. Her eyes look reddish in pic maybe thats why I got amel comments but thats because I did not have red eye reduction on. My kids eyes are also red in pics lol. If you go to that Ians website and look at pic of hypo lavender her eyes look like those.

09/27/11  01:00pm

Crturley
View Profile

Message To: Corny74   In reference to Message Id: 2238370

Question for Psychotic

That is a Hypo Lavender Motley. It’s a pinker one--are you sure it’s female? (Males are usually pinker than females.) The reason the "spots" on its back are stretched in places is because it’s what’s usually called a "pinstripe" motley, meaning the dots are stretched and connected until they form a stripe in places.

10/25/11  07:16pm

Corny74
View Profile

Message To: Crturley   In reference to Message Id: 2241926

Question for Psychotic

Thank you. I thought he/she might be a hypo lavender to . I am not sure of sex. I was just guessing female because he/she is a pretty ladylike snake. Both in looks, temperment, and eating habits. Yes I know this is not how you tell sex but I had to guess something. I did not want to call him/her an it and I did not always want to type out him/her or he/she! Lol. Darn a male named Opal he must hate me! Thanks again.

10/26/11  08:50pm

Crturley
View Profile

Message To: Corny74   In reference to Message Id: 2238370

Question for Psychotic

Why’d you delete my reply to your question? o.O If you just want Psychotic to answer, why not send him a PM?

10/26/11  10:18pm

Corny74
View Profile

Message To: Crturley   In reference to Message Id: 2242054

Question for Psychotic

I did not delete anything. I have no idea how to delete my own comments let alone someone elses. I can still see your comment.

10/27/11  11:22am

Crturley
View Profile

Message To: Corny74   In reference to Message Id: 2242089

Question for Psychotic

How odd! I can see both mine and your response now, but nothing was showing yesterday. Anyway, no worries. Hope Opal does well!

10/27/11  07:09pm

Schnebbles
View Profile

Message To: Crturley   In reference to Message Id: 2242139

Question for Psychotic

Ya, you can’t delete posts here.

10/27/11  08:42pm

Back to Corn Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area