Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dogs Forum

Bruno_ice   DaneEliza   Dragongirl6   CODA   Bruno_ice   Senshokukiba   DaneEliza   Barker   Senshokukiba   Bruno_ice   Senshokukiba   Bruno_ice   CelticTigeress   Barker   Bruno_ice   Ghastly   Skullkeeper   Ghastly   Senshokukiba   DaneEliza   Bruno_ice   Senshokukiba   Bruno_ice   No_glory   Skullkeeper   No_glory   DaneEliza   CelticTigeress   Skullkeeper   Skullkeeper  
Pages 1 2 3 4 Next
 Member  Message

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Is it the dog or the owner that makes these dogs mean?
I honestly dont know how i feel about them except they scare me
which really isnt fair because i never gave them a chance but they do scare me, so
is it the owner or the dog?

07/16/08  10:10am

DaneEliza
View Profile

Message To: Bruno_ice   In reference to Message Id: 1797570

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

90% of the time it’s the owner, but it can be the dog. This is possible in any breed.

07/16/08  10:30am

Dragongirl6
View Profile

Message To: DaneEliza   In reference to Message Id: 1797603

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

100% the owner. This isn’t to say that some dogs are genetically wired to be aggressive, but it is to say that humans bred them that way. In other countries, pit bulls and poodles are equally treated because pits haven’t been bred for adrenaline.

So yes, it is people. Unfortunately, the breed is being ruined by backyard breeders and pit bull rings.

07/16/08  12:30pm

CODA
View Profile

Message To: DaneEliza   In reference to Message Id: 1797603

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

i agree...Gypsy’s (our dobe) previous owner made her mean towards men, but we are getting her back to being a normal happy dog.

07/16/08  12:32pm

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Message To: CODA   In reference to Message Id: 1797788

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I have another question why do pitbulls look so diffrent from each other the pits i see here look like this

Link
but then i see some that look like this
Link

im sorry i just have alot of questions, i just want to get a better understandin of pits rotties and dobbies

07/16/08  12:59pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Dogs with specific personalities and characteristics are more likely to attack. It’s a fact. Pit bulls were originally bred to fight and be aggressive. Many dogs have been bred for this purpose. Because of this, they’re more likely to attack.
Dogs bred to guard and protect are also more likely to attack than other breeds. Any dog that’s stuborn, tenacious, aggressive, dominant, etc. is more likely to attack.

Raising a pit bull, or any fighting breed for that matter, in a loving and caring environment won’t erase hundreds of thousands of years of genetics.

Pit bulls and other similar breeds do require reponsilbe and educated owners. A large portion of pit bull attacks happen with people who think pit bulls are harmless dogs.

When pit bulls do attack, it’s their owners’ fault.

07/16/08  01:07pm

DaneEliza
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

not nessasarily true, even some of the best breeders come up with an aggressive puppy. Chow chows are a good example of a breed that can be born with an agressive personality. I have a special interest in this breed, I’ve seen many cases of these dogs being mildly agressive towards children for no reason. Simba didn’t like kids, but he knew better then to bite one. He was also a rescue that came to us through an abusive owner. But I have seen chow chows that came from a good breeder, saw both parents, met the breeders, saw the conditions the puppies and parents were living in, everytthing was good. But there were a few puppies that were a bit to nippy. Doesn’t nessasarily mean their aggressive, but if this behavior isn’t corrected at an early age, it leads to agression. It is true that backyard breeding and owners have made these breeds the was they are, but like humans, dogs can be born with a sort of trigger in their brain that can make them agressive. try studying canine psycology before you completely blame it all on the owner. Dogs in the wild can be naturally agressive, not just towards people and animals they don’t know, but to pack members as well. Same goes for any member of the canine species. A dog born with a dominant personality has a higher tendancy of being agressve then a dog born with a submissive personality. Even in wolf packs, if you study the offspring at a young age, you will notice an agressive streak in one of the pups, fighting it’s siblings, attacking members of the pack, showing dominance. That is indeed a form of agression, so you see, they can be born with it, but there are also ways to control it.

07/16/08  01:10pm

Barker
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1797877

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

To answer your question: The reason those dogs look different could be many things. The larger one maybe an adult mature male where the small one could be still a puppy. They could be different breeds(check out the link for more information on that point.) The most likely reason is that the bigger one has been built up to look like that. We have some kids up the road that have a pitbull that they tie a tire or some other sort of weight to it as they walk it. This will build it up and make it bigger. There is also drugs you can give them to make them large.

I am glad that you are at least attempting to understand these breeds. As was said above do dogs show aggression at early ages? Yes, but if this is corrected and controlled then it isn’t a problem. ALL dogs will show this behavior. Even if you look at little dogs there will always be a dominance order with one puppy ruling the pack. However in small dogs this is deemed as cute so it doesn’t get corrected. This behavior is also seen in labs, terrier’s, etc. etc. If you can name a breed they can been made aggressive. Whether it is through active measures(I.E. training it to fight or attack, or beating it etc) or through inactive measures (I.E. not correcting negative behavior because it is ’cute’ or whatever).

A dogs behavior in captivity is the owners fault. And to the one that said something about hundreds of thousands of years of breeding them to fight really needs to get a grip. Pits haven’t been bred to fight for hundreds of years. Do I think these breeds need to be respected? YES, however I think all dogs do. Even the most tame, loving dog of any breed has a breaking point.

To the OP if you would like to know more about these breeds look on yahoo for a breed specific website. They will discuss these MYTHS in more detail.

Link

Randi

07/16/08  01:51pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Barker   In reference to Message Id: 1797976

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Barker, you’re the one who needs to get a grip on life. You can’t remain in this little fantasy of yours forever.

I’ve already stated that a dog’s behavior is influenced by its owner. I strongly support this idea.

I’m too tired at the moment to argue with you, so I’ll just leave it at that.

07/16/08  02:00pm

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

apprently this question wasnt as easy to awnser as i thought it would be, Now im just confused, uhh im going to try and meet the three breeds somewhere i can feel good doing it like at a shelter or somthing and uhh idk now im confused ( doesnt take much to confuse me though :/)

07/16/08  02:09pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Bruno_ice   In reference to Message Id: 1798028

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I’d like to add something.

I’ve talked to many pit bull enthusiasts, and the majority of them all agree on one thing. They all believe that pit bulls are naturally dog aggressive. Before I go into too much detail on this, I’d like to add something. Enthusiasts of this breed claim that pit bulls are just like any other breed of dog. They talk about how breed specific legislation is the same thing as being racist. What they don’t realize is that they themselves are actually premoting differances between pit bulls and other breeds. Thus, they’re being "racist" in a way.

So, pit bull enthusiasts claim that pit bulls are just dog aggressive. Well, I’ve got news for you! This isn’t true. In order to understand why this is false, you need to take a look at other breeds of dogs. Let’s take a look at the Scottish Deerhound.
Deerhounds were bred to hunt down deer and similar game. They were bred specifically to chase after moving animals and to bring them down. Because of this, it’s only natural that Scottish Deerhounds will have the urge to chase moving objects. They were bred to course for years. Thus, they possess an instinct to course.
Scottish Deerhounds will chase a variety of things, even though they were bred to course deer. Scottish Deerhounds will chase after other dogs, cats, goats, and even balls. Despite the fact that they were bred to hunt specific game, they’ll go after any thing.

After reading the above information, you’re probably wondering what I’m getting to. So, here’s my point. Scottish Deerhounds were bred to target specific targets. Despite this, they’ll go after any thing.
If pit bulls are like Scottish Deerhounds and are no differant than other dogs, then why would they just be aggressive towards other dogs?

It doesn’t make since. If other breeds of dogs, which have been bred to herd, hunt, and gaurd certian things don’t have specific targets, why would pit bulls?

Pit bull enthusiasts claim that pit bulls are no differant than other dogs, while supporting the idea that they are. If you’re a pit bull enthusiast and you claim that pit bulls are only dog aggressive, you’re supporting the idea that pit bulls are differant. You’re being "racist" in a way.

Pit bulls aren’t just dog aggressive. If pit bulls are just like other dogs, then they’ll direct their instincts at any thing. This means that if a pit bull is naturally aggressive, it won’t just direct its aggression at dogs.

07/16/08  04:34pm

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1798255

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

i never knew someone could be dog racist
So are you saying pitbulls are aggresive?
what about Dobbie and rotties?

07/16/08  04:45pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Message To: Bruno_ice   In reference to Message Id: 1798265

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

pitbulls arent aggressive as your thinking, sens has a point most enthusiasts say "Its because they are a dog agressive breed thats what they were meant to do" I have seen pits owned pits and rehabbed pits that have been fine... i have also had them go after anything that moved due to the careless nature of an idiotic owner....if raised in the right home you can tone down the generations of breeding not every dog takes on the personality of parents if you have a natural alpha dog in a litter they will lean towards being dominant ie aggressive towards other animals....out of each litter there is always that one dominant, now an idiot owner allows the dog to stay dominant that dog becomes a hazard i dont care if its a pit a chihauhau or a lab (Just kisting folks) you get that one dog dont correct or dull the behavior and that dog can turn around and bite... its genetics its breeding..you can also breed 2 aggressive dogs and out of the litter you may have or may not have an aggressive dog... what pit fighters do is just that, they take and breed dominant dogs aggressive dogs to try and get a litter that holds the same dominance...then they begin the puppies early encouraging the acts of dominance (again owner fault) rather then correct the behavior... again dog was bred that way due to careful selection then encouraged to be aggressive...to be ’dominant’

breed profiling is just as bad as racial profiling breed banning is just as bad as segrogation...under a responsible owner a pit/rottie/dobie/shepard can be good dogs, these dogs arent ’naturally agressive’ they are simply naturally dominant under the right care they can be good dogs, started as puppies but with an idiot they can be nasty...generations of breeding has to do with the genetic makeup of temperment..ie dalmations will always be good watch dogs its what they were bred for (one of the reasons) but with the consideration and care these dogs make good pets...

dogs stem from their brotherhood of wolves in each dog is a natural hunter a natual pack a natural pecking order as humans we remain dom to control the need to rise to alpha a dogs behavior stems from nature....pits have a neg stereotype because people dont hear the positive in the news only the negative.... this is as racey as firearms...a man defends his home it hits the news after he kills a man..neg stereotype a child defends her home and kills criminals that would have killed her negative stereotype but if someone is shot in an alley?? it wont make the headlines people in this world dont want to know the pos only have reasons to hate....and with those that fight people wont hear the good about the breed all they hear is "How it attacked a burgalar..a pit bit someone" never mind the man was tresspassing

07/16/08  05:06pm

Barker
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1798255

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I never said they are dog aggressive. I hope that not eveyone will listen to your pursuit of myths. Not all pits are aggressive. I never said there weren’t aggressive pits I was simply stating that there are dogs of any breed that can be aggressive.

OP-Please do as much research on your own and come up with your own ideas about rotts, dobes, and pits, as well as any other ’mean breeds’. I think you will find there are more good dogs then bad.

Randi

P.S. This will be my last post. I hope you will stop pushing the issue that these dogs are aggressive as most are not. Good day to you all.

07/16/08  05:11pm

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 1798304

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Quote:

breed profiling is just as bad as racial profiling breed banning is just as bad as segrogation

im sorry but i think that is so wrong comparing segorgation to somthing that happens to a DOG sorry but i find racisim against people and segrogation way worse then breeed banning

Quote:

pits have a neg stereotype because people dont hear the positive in the news only the negative

im not stereorypeing because of what i see on the news im sterotyping because every pit ive come in contact with was choking iself at the end of its leash trying to get to me.

07/16/08  05:18pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 1798304

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I find that it can be both the dog and the owner so hear me out

Owner:
Most of them get them for the Reputation of the breed and/or to make themselves look tougher/stronger image
The one’s that are really self centerd and want too look evan more tougher make the dog aggressive
Which is not the dogs fault

Dog:
If it has came from the right side of life and from a proper breeder that is registerd and well known it is not the dogs fault if it is turned aggressive it is the owners
If the dog has came from a Back Yard Breeder (the people that are like ah we’ll just give her one litter thats all or she’s such a pretty dog and will have gorgeous baby’s and/or are just in it for extra cash) Then they are the type of people that will breed there he/she dog with the opposite gender and wont take into fact that the dog that they are breeding with may have the ’’Bad’’ Gene (the aggressiveness as people are just breeding them weather there dog is aggressive or not)

That is my point of view on the matter but i do hold my hand high and say that it is the people’s fault all round we breed vicious dogs because we think they are nice not thinking that there puppies will carry that Bad Gene with them and the new owners who may actually love the breed and just want it as a family pet too spoil rotten are going to have to live with that curse that came with the pup
And that we make dogs aggressive to make are appearence more frightning because of whats on the end of the leash

So in Conclusion and as i always say Humans are selfish creatures we are just as horrifying as aggressive dogs as we turn/create things too see too are selfish desire’s

I have been a Dobermann and Rottweiler owner owned both at the same time
Kimba was the Dobermann she was an Ex-Police Riot Dog and was looking for her retirement home thought she found a decent guy but no he just wanted a tough dog then with her being a riot dog he just snapped her up she lived in the back yard tied to a tree and was rescued by the local rescue shelter i got her at 8years old and she passed away in November aged 12 due to natural causes

Nelly was my Rottweiler i got her at 12weeks from the same rescue shelter as Kimba as i volenteerd there she was taken off a guy as he abused her and the kids where using her as a football (not exactly a nice family eh?) Nelly passed away Febuary this year as since she was a pup she had cancerous cells on her left side of brain that would cause her to stumble or fall over when walking and running she made it out of the operation but passed on when she got home she was 2 and a half years

Best 2 dogs i have ever owned to date that have had problems and so far nothing or no-one is going to replace them

And evan though they both had a rough life they never ever showed aggression towards me, my family nor the other small pets of ours they loved children especially babies and toddlers i used them as herding dogs for the deer and elk and they never snapped or nothing at them only downside was Kimba didn’t like small dog breeds like Jack russells, Chihuahua’s, Pomeranians etc you get the picture other than that they were great

Kimba

Nelly

07/16/08  05:36pm

Skullkeeper
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I think it’s both . I am not talking about a certain breed .With any breed, you can have 6 puppies from the same litter , all raised the same and each one will have a different personality .Obviously if one is abused or not trained properly from an early age, the chances are much greater it will be aggressive .Some behavior traits are inherited from the parents/grandparents, some is environment ,and part is the training . All play a part .Much like people .

07/16/08  05:47pm

Ghastly
View Profile

Message To: Skullkeeper   In reference to Message Id: 1798364

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Quote:

I am not talking about a certain breed .With any breed, you can have 6 puppies from the same litter

I agree at work there is a woman in her 50’s called Joyce well her dog is a Heinz 57 mixture of everything he’s called Dec
Well dec came from a litter of 4 including him
One of his brothers got put down in the first year for attacking a child
Another brother naturally has aggressive behaviour always been like that owners obviously have tryed to alter it
And his sister attacked a poilce man and you can well imagine result of that
And well dec he’s 13 years old never shown aggression nor tryed to go for someone had been bought up the same way/very similar etc etc etc
So as skullkeeper said it can happen to anything no matter purebreed or mutt

07/16/08  06:01pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Ghastly   In reference to Message Id: 1798344

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Barker, I wasn’t directing that statement at you. I don’t know why you think you’re the only one I’m talking to. I hope that everyone will disregard your statements.

Bruno_Ice, I don’t think you get the picture. I’m not trying to sound rude. I just want to be honest.
Pit bulls, Doberman Pinschers, and Rottweilers aren’t bloody thirsty monsters that want to tear you to pieces. All three of these breeds can make wonderful pets and companions. It all depends on how these dogs are raised.

I really don’t believe there’s a reason to fear these dogs. Even if one were to attack you, it’d be easy to defend yourself. They’re not too large. They’ve got strong jaws, but they can be avoided. This is just my opinion though. I’m sixteen. I think I’m invinsible. I approach every dog I see on the street, usually. I enjoy hearing about other people and their dogs. I’ve pet numerous pit bulls.

About three weeks ago, I was bitten by my friend’s pit bull. Her pit bull’s a fixed, fairly young dog. His name’s Randy. He knows me well because I visit his owner frequently.
He ended up biting me on my face after I spooked him. I was laying on the floor of my friends house and Randy was next to me, near my head. I ended up rolling over and looking at him about less then a foot away. I sneezed in his face. This caused him to lunge at me.
He left marks on my face and he caused some bleeding. My face is ok though. I’m glad he didn’t do too much damage to my nose. I’ve had it broken about 3 times.
If I hadn’t sneezed in his face, I wouldn’t have gotten bit. I don’t blame Randy, though I’m not pleased with him. I still pet him. I’m not scared of him.

Randy didn’t suddenly snap and become vicious. He just became spooked or some thing. He’s never bitten me before. I guess I’m just trying to say that pit bulls don’t attack without cause. You don’t have to worry about a pit bull suddenly becoming aggressive.

07/16/08  06:09pm

DaneEliza
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1798399

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Man kid you sure do love to argue don’t you lol. I mean, you do have an opinion, and you do have a right to express it. You do seem very smart, but you see dear, your not right about everything. Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink. Who are you, what do you that makes your opinion so much higher then anyone elses on here. it’s all non sense. learn to respect everyone elses opinions as they do yours, and people will come to respect you more. And for heaven sakes stop trying to prove everyone wrong. you have all opinions and no facts.

07/16/08  06:26pm

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Quote:

Pit bulls, Doberman Pinschers, and Rottweilers aren’t bloody thirsty monsters that want to tear you to pieces.

The thing is i already know that, but I just never met a nice one before, and seeing them make me shake and im just scared to death, btw; im also scared of pomeraines(sp?)

Quote:

Even if one were to attack you, it’d be easy to defend yourself. They’re not too large. They’ve got strong jaws, but they can be avoided

i dont know about that, the majority of pits ive seen have been mucsle bound freaks, though i can see someone fight off a dobie, but how could you fight off a rottie? They are HUGE.

Quote:

About three weeks ago, I was bitten by my friend’s pit bull. Her pit bull’s a fixed, fairly young dog. His name’s Randy. He knows me well because I visit his owner frequently.
He ended up biting me on my face after I spooked him. I was laying on the floor of my friends house and Randy was next to me, near my head. I ended up rolling over and looking at him about less then a foot away. I sneezed in his face. This caused him to lunge at me. He left marks on my face and he caused some bleeding. My face is ok though

Exactly why im afraid of pits

07/16/08  07:00pm

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Message To: Bruno_ice   In reference to Message Id: 1798458

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Alright then, Bruno_ice. I don’t really know how to convince you. I guess I’ll just leave it at this.

I guess I shouldn’t have told you that little story. :P

07/16/08  07:19pm

Bruno_ice
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 1798479

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

well i wanna try to give the doggies a chance i mean i think pits ARE SoOOOOO CUTE! (when thier ears aren’t croppend or when they aren’t really muscular and low to the ground) i like the ones you see on animal planet and stuff there adorable
Dobbies are beautiful, And rotties are, ehh they look slobery
but i dont know where i can meet one that is not aggresive maybe a dog park? i dont know but the ones i see on the street are ones NO ONE wants to meet( that rymed)

Quote:

I guess I shouldn’t have told you that little story. :P

I guess not,lol, i like using the quotie thing i just figured out what is was today YAY!

07/16/08  08:00pm

No_glory
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I own a pitty and she says "Me? MEAN? Get OUTTA TOWN!

as for the subject matter, i’ll add in my two cents and that will be that, I’ve learned on this site when it comes to agressive breeds, you have the lovers and the haters a few haters here always have to be right. I would suggest you do some research on your own as well, meet a few of them.

Owners- When it comes to raising an animal you have 2 choices do it right or do it wrong, you do it right you’ll have a happy friend for life, you do it wrong your just a lawsuit waiting to happen. When an owner gets an animal for the purpose of guarding,fighting or as a prop to make them look big or tough they are going to have an animal they can’t control and an animal that is going to be human agressive and want to hurt want to kill. You can take 2 APBT’s and give them to two differnt environments one being a good one and one being abusive and irresponsible, 9 out of 10 times in the good environment you will get a stable dog who is a great pet. When you raise an animal to be agressive or when you get an animal who is given no training and no socialization 9/10 you will get an animal who is aggressive,fearful and misbehaved.

now i say 9/10 times it the owner the other part would be bad breeding, sure you can raise a dog to be the best it can but if you have a gene in there from a inbred or terrible line that can add to to an aggression factor. People now a days see pits as a extension or a tough factor so they breed them with no idea towards temperament, conformation, nothing the only thing many pit owners/ byb’s see is a pit bull and a profit. Aggressive dogs are a result of bad breeding and bad owners.

Take the time go out to a shelter and meet up with these breeds you will probably fall in love, they are truly a great breed they are a dog bred for thier never quit personality as well as their human friendly persona

07/16/08  08:36pm

Skullkeeper
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Are you serous? Have you not seen the countless pictures of children have their faces ripped apart from a Pit Bull Dog ? My sister works for the post office and every year they are countless mail carriers attacked by some of these breeds of dogs .I guarantee you that you would not be able to fight off an adult Pit Bull, Rottweiler or Doberman if they intend to hurt you . I have even heard of dogs being shot and they will still continue to attack . You can not avoid dogs that are running loose.

Do I blame the dogs , no the owners for not controlling their dogs . These dogs are dangerous and do kill people and other pets . We need stricter laws and tougher punishments for the people that do not control their animals .

You are VERY lucky that you do not need plastic surgery on your face . You could have been killed . This dog should be reported to the Humane society and labeled as a vicouse dog .You should be scared of him .Once a dog bites, it is very likely he will do it ,again especially if blood was drawn, I hate to think about the next time !

07/17/08  06:45am

No_glory
View Profile

Message To: Skullkeeper   In reference to Message Id: 1798990

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Quote:

Are you serous? Have you not seen the countless pictures of children have their faces ripped apart from a Pit Bull Dog ? My sister works for the post office and every year they are countless mail carriers attacked by some of these breeds of dogs .I guarantee you that you would not be able to fight off an adult Pit Bull, Rottweiler or Doberman if they intend to hurt you . I have even heard of dogs being shot and they will still continue to attack . You can not avoid dogs that are running loose.

Do I blame the dogs , no the owners for not controlling their dogs . These dogs are dangerous and do kill people and other pets . We need stricter laws and tougher punishments for the people that do not control their animals .

You are VERY lucky that you do not need plastic surgery on your face . You could have been killed . This dog should be reported to the Humane society and labeled as a vicouse dog .You should be scared of him .Once a dog bites, it is very likely he will do it ,again especially if blood was drawn, I hate to think about the next time !

Wow......this is why the APBT has a bad reputation, people believe everything they hear,skull keeper did you know there are over 35 breeds of dog confused as a APBT? It took me a couple years of research t correctly identify a APBT just by looking at in, in many attacks they will identify the dog as a pit but it could really be someone breed.

As for senso’s attack, the dog was not at fault..have you ever blown in to a dogs face? They don’t like it i know many dogs who will bite you for blowing in their face, If it would have been a chihuahua, Would you still be freaking out ?

~looks down shaking head~ And to think i use to think you where intelligent enough to know fact from fiction, then in a few lines i loss all respect

07/17/08  10:11am

DaneEliza
View Profile

Message To: No_glory   In reference to Message Id: 1799131

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

People stereotype pit bulls because of the way they look, the news they here about pitbull attacks, the "reputation the pitbull carries. In all actuality, people don’t see the positive aspects of this wonderful breed. They weren’t bred to fight, stupid drunk idiots got together, saw potential in making some money in fighting these dogs because of their powerful jaws, muscular body structure, hooked tail, and energetic personality they are "the perfect killing machine".

Pit bull attacks happen alot less then often, people will just take one incident and multiply it by 100 and vuala you have the most agressive breed of dog in america. NOT TRUE. It’s obvious these people haven’t seen a good example of the breed. The thing that really attracts me to this breed, any pitbull owner can vouch for me on this, is their big beautiful pit bull smile. That smile can melt even the blackest of hearts. Thats a side no one pay recognition to, Pit bulls can be some of the sweetest dogs in the world when given the right environment, the right person, the righty exersize, and the correct socialization. They can even be dog friendly, but some pit bull owners are to scared of the reputaion they carry to even try and socialize them, this leads to fellow canine agression. Same as any other breed when they haven’t been properly socialized.

This reputation these dogs carry is only one good example of people making mountains out of mole hills.

07/17/08  12:39pm

CelticTigeress
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

Quote:

Lets see what have I seen in the way of dog attacks on children and adults.... any pits??well we had a call for a pit attack ONCE and it turned out it wasn’t a pit at all... I had a call for a child attacked by the family dalmation...Once with a lab (kid pulled on the tail) we had an infant who was attacked by a chihauhau and had her face ripped open...a poodle mix, poms are bad several cases of pom attacks... a shitzu...do we notice a trend??as an emt Most of my dog calls in the past years have been small dogs.. i take that back one pit call...burglar tried to break into a house dog attacked...but as far as unprovoked attacks its been primarily ankle biters...funny thing is that when people say dog attack they only see THOSE photos peoole dont see the photos of small dog attacks...mind you documented cases of death....

Quote:

This dog should be reported to the Humane society and labeled as a vicouse dog .You should be scared of him .Once a dog bites, it is very likely he will do it ,again especially if blood was drawn, I hate to think about the next time !

a dog reacts in fright not in aggression...and you say vicious (VICIOUS) dog, volunteer at a shelter, work animal behavior rehab...are you saying a dog thats a little food aggressive should be labled as vicious because it growls?? Im sure only if it was a pit rottie or a dobey...am I right?? what about small dogs that will rip an arm off..I forgot your on a pit hate track here...so pits are guilty actual vicious dogs aren’t....

your arguement is one sided on this post..when a dog reacts in fear or startlement it isnt likely to do it again...only if a dog is vicious for attacking just to attack, my filly kicked me because i startled her..maybe i should put her down shes aggressive will do it again!! oh wait what about my boxer he came from such a horrid situation was food aggressive dog aggressive people aggressive...oh no i forgot kids hang all over him and he will lick you to death... Ive got it what about my malamute pit cross?? hes got pit in him im sure Loki is vicous...oh no forgot he helps work the horses, watches out for the cats and small livestock but since he has pit in him i might want to warn the ASPCA and jack my insurance up for the house and liability...Loki nipped me once ONCE, when he was smaller i sneeze and make squeak at the end I squeaked it startled he nipped... but since he has pit in him maybe thats why... is that what I am getting at??

I guess Shep RIP my K-9 should have been euthenized when she attacked a perp, maybe my dads K-9s too but then again they were shepards and malinois...or do you hate those breeds too??i forgot they drew blood.....so they have to be vicious dogs...oh does that make what I used to do as a cop torture?? wow Im an evil person....so is my dad...guys I need to step out of this conversation before the close minded ranting guy picks me apart....

as an fyi... my Great Dane (One of them) used to go on fire calls with us...was taught to search and rescue but to also Guard the firetruck and us.... since hes been retired from the county so to speak with my moving..maybe I should have him put to sleep (Note the sarcasm) mu point is this if it had been another type of dog (like the nippy lil wankers) you wouldnt have made such an ignorant comment but since it happened to be a pit...you talk about me choosing to argue on here.. pssst hey pot this is kettle and your black

07/17/08  12:55pm

Skullkeeper
View Profile

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I did not say it was the dogs fault ,in fact I said that I blamed the owners for not controlling their dogs . Not all Pit Bull dogs are mean but if they would decide to turn on you and attack you you are not going to be able to defend your self with your bare hands the way she suggested . A Pit Bull dogs jaws are extremely strong and lock so anyone that thinks that an angry Pit Bull is not dangerous is nuts ! You are right many times dogs are labeled as a Pit Bull dog when they are a mix or not even part Pit Bull . Any breed of dog that is not under the owners control could be dangerous . The larger breeds especially ones that have been breed for centuries to fight are defiantly dangerous if turned loose or in a fenced yard with out a chain . Owners go inside , leave the dogs and the next thing you know the dog jumps the fence and attacks some one . A friend of mine was weed eating his back yard when a Pit Bull jumped the fence and attacked this guy . and this was a BIG guy .He had over 100 stitches .It was not the dogs fault , he was frightened of the weed eatter . It was the owners fault for not having the dog in a run with a top or on a secure chain .

07/17/08  01:32pm

Skullkeeper
View Profile

Message To: CelticTigeress   In reference to Message Id: 1799275

Pitbulls&Rotties&Dobbies

I just wanted to add that it does not matter if the dog is a Pit Bull, a Doberman, a Rottweiler of a Great Dane if a large breed dogs attacks some one they are going to do serious damage . Pit Bulls dogs are much worse since their jaws lock and they are so muscular they can inflict great damage than say a Great Dane .

07/17/08  01:35pm
Pages 1 2 3 4 Next

Back to Dogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area