Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Frogs Forum

Snake master pat   JackAsp   Snake master pat   JackAsp   Rebecca Wright   Snake master pat   Randy bob  
 Member  Message

Snake master pat
View Profile

Do pac man frog bites hurt?

hey i just got a pac man frog 2 day i was woundering that when they bite do they hurt ?
And i also heard that they clamp on to youre finger and dont let go how would i get one off ?

thanks patrick

03/24/07  06:39pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Snake master pat   In reference to Message Id: 1220701

They can hurt. It’s about equivalent to being pinched by a crab or clamped onto by a parakeet; the pressure hurts more than the occasional pinpricks.
They’ll let go as soon as they figure out that you’re too big to eat, though. My response was to lift the frog up for a few seconds, let him realize that biting me was resulting in him being lifted up into the air, and then putting back down where he could let go. As they get older, they’ll get more careful if you do that. They might still nail you occasionally, but they’ll notive their mistake quicker and let go before it hurts. In theory. Of course, having been clamped a few times, you’ll be getting more careful as well, just in case.

03/25/07  05:24am

Snake master pat
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1221269

thanks i actualy noticed that my pacman frog has not shoene any agression considering that i just got him , he never hissis or barks ( i heard that they bark) .

thanks

Patrick

03/25/07  10:23am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Snake master pat   In reference to Message Id: 1221390

Defensive behavior (besides hopping away or squeaking) is rare in CB horned frogs. It’s just feeding accients that you’ve got to watch out for. You reach in to spot-clean the cage, the frog sees movement, and CHOMP!

03/25/07  04:45pm

Rebecca Wright
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1221815

I believe that only males bark and only when they are looking to breed... i could be wrong though... as for the bites... my guy bit me once... cause he was really hungry (or just being a pacman lol) and he caught my finger instead of the food... it startled me more than it hurt tho...

03/25/07  07:43pm

Snake master pat
View Profile

Message To: Rebecca Wright   In reference to Message Id: 1221983

how can i tell if my frog is a girl or a boy

patrick

03/26/07  11:42am

Randy bob
View Profile

Message To: Snake master pat   In reference to Message Id: 1222587

I would compare the bite to holding a bass. It all depends on how big the frog is, and how you tolerate pain. It can break the skin. If you ever do take a bite do not jerk your hand away, you could throw it into the glass and kill him. Leave your hand still and it will realize it can eat you, which would most likely be the only reason that it would bite you.

03/28/07  01:20am

Back to Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area