Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos-Leopard Forum

Armagedon48   Turnip   Leokeeper   Gecko_Luvr   Jillybean   BoaBabe448   Malissa   Tequlia77   Armagedon48   Caroline   BoaBabe448   Happy_Face  
 Member  Message

Armagedon48
View Profile

Leo or striped gecko make noise?

i have narrowed the noise to 2 of my geckos. i have a striped gecko and a leo gecko.

the striped gecko makes a screem like noise when i poke him but thats the most iv noticed. the leo gecko is a female and the striped gecko is a male.
the noise is almost like a low cat "meow". the noise is hard to explain but i know its comeing from one of the 2 geckos.

the noise is at night. i sleep in same room as these geckos and hear it often. last night was the most noise its ever made.

11/03/04  11:20am
Sorry, No Replies

Turnip
View Profile

Message To: Armagedon48   In reference to Message Id: 174434

hold on you poke it? it might becouse the other leo might be biteing it. if it is housed with another one. maby its in pain or it is getting mature

11/03/04  12:07pm
Sorry, No Replies

Leokeeper
View Profile

Message To: Armagedon48   In reference to Message Id: 174434

Hey, First off DON’T poke you pets how would you like it if some huge thing came and poked you?!?, leoaprd geckos only hiss when scared... it is your slriped gecko making this noise. Also DO NOT house these two different lizards together..... as they may fight, one may have pairsites that wont harm it but will kill the other the leoaprd gecko is from a desert habitata the striped gecko most likely isnt.

11/03/04  12:07pm
Sorry, No Replies

Gecko_Luvr
View Profile

Message To: Leokeeper   In reference to Message Id: 174449

Leopard Geckos do make noise! I only have one Leopard Gecko and nothing else in the room with my besids a fish and occassionally he’ll make a noise that sounds like a kitten crying. But your other gecko could also be making a noise. It’s very possible that your Leopard Gecko made the sound though. Hope this helps!

11/03/04  12:12pm
Sorry, No Replies

Jillybean
View Profile

Message To: Gecko_Luvr   In reference to Message Id: 174452

I agree with leo keeper...do not POKE your animals....It’s a bad habit to get into, lol...Leos are fragile, just like all other reptiles. What may seem like a light, soft, gentle touch (or poke as the case may be) to you might be quite harsh and uncomfortable for them~~~remember that.

11/03/04  1:10pm
Sorry, No Replies

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Message To: Jillybean   In reference to Message Id: 174469

LOL! WHy would you "poke" it? I had my neighbor come over, and she wanted to look at mosi, so I got him out, and she poked him! Iwas like "UUMMM, POKE YOUR OWN PETS, NOT MINE!" lol

11/03/04  5:40pm
Sorry, No Replies

Malissa
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 174571

My Leo’s all five of them make a weird kinda grunting noise sometimes when i pick them up Does this happen to any one else? And some people poke at them cuz there scared to really touch it so the quick jab at it.

11/03/04  6:30pm
Sorry, No Replies

Tequlia77
View Profile

Message To: Malissa   In reference to Message Id: 174606

Mine always makes a grunting noise whenever I pick them up. Its normal.

11/04/04  10:55am
Sorry, No Replies

Armagedon48
View Profile

Message To: Tequlia77   In reference to Message Id: 174962

maybe "poke" wasnt the best term i should have used... what i ment by poke was to touch gently to get a reaction, usualy movement or a noise. i only do this "poke" for when i am showing guest and the gecko is hiding (his cage is very well planted). i dont poke my leo altho i do hold her on rare ocasions.
i did not enjoy being treated like a beginner, iv kept reptiles for many years and i prefer you didnt assume im some 10 year old poking my pets.

thank you very much and the noise was like a kitten crying. for a long while i thought the noise was my cat meowing at the edge of my door at night.

11/12/04  10:50am
Sorry, No Replies

Caroline
View Profile

Message To: Armagedon48   In reference to Message Id: 179966

Lillie only makes noise when she’s upset, if I hold her too long, she makes a little "nrp!" sound- a croak, a grunt? Hard to describe, but it means "put me down."

11/12/04  11:14am
Sorry, No Replies

BoaBabe448
View Profile

Message To: Caroline   In reference to Message Id: 179983

Sorry, but you have to admit, if you read your post is sure did sound like you went a "poked" your leo.

11/12/04  5:34pm
Sorry, No Replies

Happy_Face
View Profile

Message To: BoaBabe448   In reference to Message Id: 180141

i know what she meant by poked. when i put my hand down to get lizzy, i kinda touch her tail to see if she runs away, i guess that means she dont wanna be messed with, and shell turn around and jump and make a weird hissing noise... like a chirp but not like a "im hurt" chirp. like a LEAVE ME ALONE chirp... if that makes sence? lol

11/12/04  6:04pm
Sorry, No Replies

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area