Geckos-Leopard Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sbraden87   Sbraden87  

Member  Message

Sbraden87
View Profile

Egg Binding?

My female leo, who has not been bred, has two eggs in the tum tum. She’s active, and eating, I noticed the eggs less than two weeks ago, but she hasn’t laid them yet.

I’ve gotten a million different responses on what to do. I provided her a lay box as soon as I noticed them. It’s a Tupperware container big enough for her to squirm around in and it’s filled with like, rain forest/dirt stuff. She has calcium available always,

She’s housed in a 20gL, shelf liner, a gazillion hides, warm side is about 93 degrees right now (just checked). She’s partially blind so she gets fed super mealies, regular mealies, and the occasional wax worm if I feel nice.

I still can’t get the photo server to work, so I can’t post pictures. But how will I know if it’s been too long and I need to take her to the vet? If she can lay them by herself, I would prefer that. As I don’t want to cause her the stress of having to go to the vet. HOWEVER, if that’s what needs to be done, I will do it. I just don’t have any experience in the whole breeding thing - so I’m a noob.

Again, she has NOT been bred. She’s active. Still eating. Still grumpy. I haven’t seen her straining or digging (and I watch her, a lot). From what I’ve read online, I shouldn’t worry until she stops eating. BUT, I’m worrying now, and I don’t want her to get hurt.

So, advice would be greatly appreciated.

06/16/13  11:42pm

Sbraden87
View Profile

Message To: Sbraden87   In reference to Message Id: 2298555

Egg Binding?

Finally got the photo server to work...

The little picture in the left corner - that was when I first noticed it. The top picture is more recent.

06/20/13  12:52am

Back to Geckos-Leopard Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area