Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Geckos-Leopard Archive  Geckos-Leopard Forum  Forums  Archives

Geckos-Leopard Forum

Rzskater03   Nemo   Miranda   Nemo   Odiferus   Willow   Jacko   Science Teacher   Willow   Lex   John F. Hickory   SPOTSZILLA  
 Member  Message

Rzskater03
View Profile

Why do they dig?

Mine always dig at night time together and they get on there hind legs and scratch at the glass like there running but with only there front legs. Just wondering if this is normal

10/05/03  5:09pm
Sorry, No Replies

Nemo
View Profile

Message To: Rzskater03   In reference to Message Id: 9700

Why do they dig?

yea its normal...is one a male and the other a female?...if so then it could be possible that she could have a clutch of eggs and shez looking for a place to lay them....and the trying climb up the wall is normal their just testing the boundries of the cage...

P.S. for the clutch of eggs its a lil late in the season for them to juast be starting so that may not be it

10/05/03  6:06pm
Sorry, No Replies

Miranda
View Profile

Message To: Nemo   In reference to Message Id: 9711

Why do they dig?

hey mine is wried too. So i think its normal. Mine is really slow and not smart in the head.

10/09/03  7:50pm
Sorry, No Replies

Nemo
View Profile

Message To: Miranda   In reference to Message Id: 10111

Why do they dig?

my main breeden female is quite the opposite of slow in the head...i guess i’ve sort have trained her but wen the cage lide comes off she climps up the branch in there and climbes right out onto me where she then gets a cricket or mealworm

10/09/03  9:52pm
Sorry, No Replies

Odiferus
View Profile

Why do they dig?

It is my theory that they are digging for food or to burrow. I have noticied that when I remove my hide caves, they will dig where the hide should be, as if burrowing. They will also dig out the substrate under the cave to make it bigger!

10/22/03  8:27am
Sorry, No Replies

Willow
View Profile

Why do they dig?

Willow digs in several places but the deepest is under her hollow log. She has even taken to rearranging her tank. I have a string of silk leaves which she sometimes likes to hide under. I arrived at school and noticed the leaves had been moved to the center of the cage and I couldn’t see her. I thought she was stolen. Closer inspection found she had dug a hole under the leaves and was sleeping there. Talk about a sigh of relief.

10/22/03  6:59pm
Sorry, No Replies

Jacko
View Profile

Message To: Willow   In reference to Message Id: 11252

Why do they dig?

my friend as a pink bellied swift lizard, we thought the lizard excabed when he dug in the ground and was hiding . his lizard is looking for meal womrs. its normal. if u ever see a meal worm climbing out or food in the sand, try putting it in a place where it wont come out.

10/23/03  9:50pm
Sorry, No Replies

Science Teacher
View Profile

Message To: Willow   In reference to Message Id: 11252

Why do they dig?

Do you string the silk leaves on the sides or simply lay them in the bottom of the tank. I will try putting in some single leaves and see how he likes that.

10/26/03  11:24am
Sorry, No Replies

Willow
View Profile

Message To: Science   In reference to Message Id: 11642

Why do they dig?

I lay them in the bottom tied together in a line.

10/26/03  4:39pm
Sorry, No Replies

Lex
View Profile

Message To: Willow   In reference to Message Id: 11665

Why do they dig?

my female tends to stand against the glass & she acts like shes going some where.. how old are they when they are sexualy mature, ready to bread?

11/16/03  6:59am
Sorry, No Replies

John F. Hickory
View Profile

Message To: Lex   In reference to Message Id: 14014

Why do they dig?

Girls are sexually mature when they are 1 year old. Boys take about 9 months.

12/05/03  8:17pm
Sorry, No Replies

SPOTSZILLA
View Profile

Answer to question

It is very common 4 Leos to dig at night. I put carpeting down 4 mine and they always try 2 get under it. At the desert leos use burrows 4 their homes. If yours burrow and your afraid a rock will topple on it I’d put carpeting down 4 them it is also much easier to pick up messes from.

12/14/03  2:16pm
Sorry, No Replies

Geckos-Leopard Archive  Geckos-Leopard Forum  Forums  Archives