Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Geckos Forum

Gecko Chris   Camo_pants   Squee   Cherrybomb   Nomaddan   Gecko Chris   KrazyKelli   Gecko Chris   KrazyKelli   Gecko Chris   Gecko Chris   Lover   Gecko Chris   Lover   JoAnne Davis   KrazyKelli   CrazyTaco-   Herp Boy Wonder  
 Member  Message

Gecko Chris
View Profile

What does a gecko bite feel like...?

Do med. (house) geckos peirce skkin when they bite? are gecko bites very painful? HA! im just curious

11/08/06  08:29pm

Camo_pants
View Profile

Message To: Gecko Chris   In reference to Message Id: 1053427

I donít know about a med gecko but I have been bit by my male leopard gecko. It didnít hurt but he made me bleed the little turd

11/08/06  08:54pm

Squee
View Profile

Message To: Camo_pants   In reference to Message Id: 1053476

i dont have med.s but ive gotten bitten by my leos and cresties, it doesnt hurt much.. feels more or less like a pinch but if they break the skin it stings a bit

11/08/06  09:08pm

Cherrybomb
View Profile

Message To: Squee   In reference to Message Id: 1053501

been bit by a crested, didnt hurt a bit, heck didnt even feel it.

11/08/06  09:23pm

Nomaddan
View Profile

Message To: Cherrybomb   In reference to Message Id: 1053529

Iíd imagine it would depend on the gecko. Try sticking your finger in front of a Tokay. That will get your attention :)

11/08/06  11:52pm

Gecko Chris
View Profile

Message To: Nomaddan   In reference to Message Id: 1053835

hahah so Iíve heard...i guess the only way to find out is to feel it myself....donít worry Iím not going to purposely stress one into biting me...w/e happens happens.

11/09/06  08:37pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Gecko Chris   In reference to Message Id: 1054745

When you are bitten, do not remove your finger from the geckoís mouth. Do not pull away. Else youíll take a handful of the geckoís tiny teeth with you. Instead wait for the gecko to let go first.

11/09/06  10:26pm

Gecko Chris
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1054849

you make it sound extremely painful...it canít be so bad...is their a significant amount of pain?

11/09/06  10:28pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Gecko Chris   In reference to Message Id: 1054855

Bah, depends on the gecko and where they tag you. If the Med gets you on the side of the finger, tip of the finger, side of the hand, or a chunky part like the arm, it wont hurt at all. If youíre tagged on the knuckle, between the fingers, or in one of those juicey parts where a papercut would kill, itíll sting a little. If the lizard decides to deathroll or twist their head and take something with it, you might, MIGHT, get a lizard hickey. I highly doubt a med gecko would make you bleed, though.

Iím warning you about not pulling your hand from their mouth more for the geckoís comfort than your own. Can you believe how it must feel to bite something out of defense and it, in return, ripping a large chunk of teeth from your skull? No teeth and they have trouble eating. Can also lead to an absess in the mouth if they loose their teeth harshly enough.

11/09/06  10:39pm

Gecko Chris
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1054866

I understand..thanks for your help...btw im sure a little med. gecko bite couldnt hurt much more than a paper cut. and i see what you mean about how that would be terrible for them to have their teeth ripped out when they were trying to defend themselves. Thanks a lot

-CHRIS-

11/09/06  10:43pm

Gecko Chris
View Profile

Message To: Gecko Chris   In reference to Message Id: 1054872

Whats a lizard hickey??

11/11/06  07:24pm

Lover
View Profile

Message To: Gecko Chris   In reference to Message Id: 1056878

do you know what a hickey is if you do you will get what shes sayng

11/13/06  07:56pm

Gecko Chris
View Profile

Message To: Lover   In reference to Message Id: 1059503

yeahh i know what a hickey is but i wouldnt expect to get one from a reptile.....most ppl dont get that intimate with their geckos...

11/13/06  08:03pm

Lover
View Profile

Message To: Gecko Chris   In reference to Message Id: 1059521

sometimes geckos keep hanging on wil they try to twist something off and when theyget off its usually bright red

11/14/06  08:05pm

JoAnne Davis
View Profile

Message To: Lover   In reference to Message Id: 1060887

My 2 yr old was bit by our Angolian? Gecko. It ripped her skin, he bit and let go and took off. Do they inject any poisons when biting? Should I bring her to the hospital? The Gecko to the Vet? Dontí know what to do Please help. I cleaned and disinfected the wound and kept watch on the gecko. Any ingo would be appreciated. TY JoAnne

12/26/06  08:27pm

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: JoAnne Davis   In reference to Message Id: 1107708

give your kid antiobiotics and tie her finger up (since you washed it out already). If your kidís finger was degloved or something, Iíd probably recommend a doctor visit to give stitches. If itís just a small scratch or cut (or hickey), just watch it and if thereís a sign of infection, visit the doc. The gecko will probably be fine. They arenít going to drop dead due to defending themselves from predatory human 2 year olds. Only thing Iíd worry about is stress from the whole thing. A good way to help a gecko get over stress is to leave it alone and keep it in a dark, secluded, quiet room.

There are only 2 or 3 poisoness lizards on the planet. The KomodoDragon (poison was recently found to be part of the spit.. but itís still under question), Gila Monster, and Mexican beaded lizard. None of which can be kept as pets.

12/26/06  08:39pm

CrazyTaco-
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 1107720

I’ve been bitten by a med. gecko. It feels like a tiny, but tough pinch. and it really doesnt hurt at all.

12/29/06  04:12am

Herp Boy Wonder
View Profile

Message To: CrazyTaco-   In reference to Message Id: 1110769

Getting bit by flying geckos feels like getting your finger held between two pieces of sandpaper.

12/29/06  09:40am

Back to Geckos Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area