Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Iguanas Forum

Littlegimpies   Xta   Littlegimpies   Littlegimpies   Xta   NIleMonitorMayn   Bayou Beasts   HD1265   Jif   Xta   Lizzys mommy   GypsyAurora   Jessica3008   GypsyAurora   Luvgex   GypsyAurora   Patrick7564   Xta   JoJolovesskinks  
 Member  Message

Littlegimpies
View Profile

Green iguana sizes

hey guys htis is my first post in the iguana forum i want an iguana i had a junior green iguana but my cat got to it so i havent had one sence but what is the full grown size of a green iguana and how long does it take for them to get that big and if anyone has a ful body shot of a green iguana mabye compared to somting ide like to see it thanks alot guys

cam

cameron

02/24/05  06:39pm
Sorry, No Replies

Xta
View Profile

Message To: Littlegimpies   In reference to Message Id: 257624

Green iguana sizes

There is no such thing as a junior green iguana unless you are saying he was young. Are you sure you aren’t the same person posting about the skink that was killed by a cat? Either way, what has changed in your life that would prevent another iguana getting killed by a cat in your home?

Iguanas grow between 5-6 feet usually. Growth rates vary but I’d say in 5 years you’d have a very large iguana if you give him the right care. (diet, lights etc.)

Here is a friend of mine with Sleestack when he was around 5 1/2 years old.

02/24/05  09:35pm
Sorry, No Replies

Littlegimpies
View Profile

Message To: Xta   In reference to Message Id: 257862

Green iguana sizes

i mean junior sized iguanas like hes still small but not yet big

cameron

02/25/05  04:54pm
Sorry, No Replies

Littlegimpies
View Profile

Message To: Littlegimpies   In reference to Message Id: 258459

Green iguana sizes

also i had a cage my cat could get in to but i have a new one with a wodden top a very big one and what the heck do u meanabout a skink and a cat ?

cameron

02/25/05  04:56pm
Sorry, No Replies

Xta
View Profile

Message To: Littlegimpies   In reference to Message Id: 258464

Green iguana sizes

Nevermind about the skink....you just weren’t the first to post this week about a cat killing a lizard.

I’m glad to hear you have a new cage.

02/25/05  09:59pm
Sorry, No Replies

NIleMonitorMayn
View Profile

Message To: Xta   In reference to Message Id: 258689

Green iguana sizes

02/28/05  06:09pm
Sorry, No Replies

Bayou Beasts
View Profile

Message To: J3hff   In reference to Message Id: 261738

Green iguana sizes

Another idiot on the forums spamming with profanity and trying to get on peoples nerves but it has been reported and I am sure this person will be gone soon.... J3hff hello and good bye.

Tony

03/01/05  03:23am
Sorry, No Replies

HD1265
View Profile

Message To: Xta   In reference to Message Id: 257862

Green iguana sizes

Hey Xta.That Sleestack looks like quite a stud.How old is he now?Has he gotten any bigger?

03/01/05  08:33am
Sorry, No Replies

Jif
View Profile

Message To: Bayou   In reference to Message Id: 261749

Green iguana sizes

For size reference. This is a full grown male.

03/01/05  08:35am
Sorry, No Replies

Xta
View Profile

Message To: HD1265   In reference to Message Id: 261804

Green iguana sizes

He’s 7 yrs old and still not quite 5 ft.

03/01/05  10:53pm
Sorry, No Replies

Lizzys mommy
View Profile

Message To: Littlegimpies   In reference to Message Id: 257624

Green iguana sizes

Here is a photo of me & Lizzy. He is 5 yrs. ( November)and is 52 in. long. Lizzy is a cross between a Blue and a Green and turns bright orange during mating season. The photo was taken at ARS exocitic animal rescue service who operates on donations and foster cares for several iguanas located in Northeast Ohio.

03/19/05  10:50am
Sorry, No Replies

GypsyAurora
View Profile

Message To: Lizzys   In reference to Message Id: 279664

Green iguana sizes

NIleMonitorMayn,
Merry Meet...could you please tell me how old your iggy is in the pics you posted here ? Thats about the size of Lizzy , the one i saved lastweek. i sure would appreciate knowing how old she actually is. Thanks so much for your help !
Blessed be, Gypsy

03/19/05  08:35pm
Sorry, No Replies

Jessica3008
View Profile

Message To: GypsyAurora   In reference to Message Id: 280139

Green iguana sizes

mine is also about that size and she is about a year old.

03/20/05  02:38pm
Sorry, No Replies

GypsyAurora
View Profile

Message To: Jessica3008   In reference to Message Id: 280693

Green iguana sizes

Merry Meet,
Oh Thank you so much for posting the pick of your purty baby ! A year old huh !! Well let me ask you this...do you think that after four homes and mistreatment that an Iguana can become tame ? Thats what i am dealing with here...LOL
Also...when I finally got her under some good lighting and some good food she started growing the spikes immediately..and now they are about 1/4 long....mind you I have only had her a little over a week now. Does that mean she might be older and her growth stunted , or does that mean the lighting just helped the spikes grow ? i was just wondering...because it loooks like she has gotten SO much bigger since we gt her. Thanks so much !
Blessings, Gypsy in Alabama

03/21/05  06:50am
Sorry, No Replies

Luvgex
View Profile

Message To: GypsyAurora   In reference to Message Id: 281478

Green iguana sizes

Well since you’re providing her the right stuff, she’s probably just getting everything she needs so she’s growing.

And I’ve heard ig’s that aren’t fed right or aren’t given enough Calcium, they growth is stunted...But I don’t know exactly..

03/21/05  11:01am
Sorry, No Replies

GypsyAurora
View Profile

Message To: Luvgex   In reference to Message Id: 281583

Green iguana sizes

MM,
Thanks so much ! Let me ask this though...as i am the fourth owner of this sweet baby, is it going to take MORE time to get her calmed down ? i ahve heard that iggys have a 6 month memory and if I just hold out 6 months things will get better...she will forget her mishandling and mistreatment...has anyone else heard this before ?
I posted pics on a different thread, you can see her there !
Thanks so mcuh and Blessings, Gypsy

03/21/05  03:33pm
Sorry, No Replies

Patrick7564
View Profile

Message To: GypsyAurora   In reference to Message Id: 281820

Green iguana sizes

Man Mr. Worf Grow!!!!

He is just a little Boy

03/21/05  07:08pm
Sorry, No Replies

Xta
View Profile

Message To: GypsyAurora   In reference to Message Id: 281820

Green iguana sizes

Gypsy....I think they have a longer memory than that. Igs don’t forget (much like elephants...lol) However, I think she will feel comfortable and thrive with you, but she will not forget the bad treatment she received necessarily. If one of her previous owners came by or you took her to their home again a year from now, she would be very upset and probably not let you forget about that for days after! They know what they like and who they don’t want to see again!

03/21/05  08:45pm
Sorry, No Replies

JoJolovesskinks
View Profile

Message To: Xta   In reference to Message Id: 282191

Green iguana sizes

actually yeah, iguanas have a HUGE term memory, they remember everything, including their names, i have a 8 month old blue iguana, who was maltreated by the previous owner, so naturally he dont like anyone cause i had him merely 2 weeks, so he is slowly getting used to me, and i cant even allow the previous owner to step in the same room as blue, or he freaks out and bashes his face into the tank, which can be very dangerous for them. so yeah, they get angry, and stressed so i dont recommend their previous owner visiting if they maltreated your ig, or it can cause stress.

03/27/05  12:41am
Sorry, No Replies

Back to Iguanas Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area