Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tortoises Forum

Reptagirl   RepticTay   Reptagirl   Reptilefreak23   RepticTay  
 Member  Message

Reptagirl
View Profile

Russian tort penis??

so i was giving my russian a little bath and brushing him with a soft tooth brush because he looked soo dirty and he had a little poo stuck to is tail, and i was very gently stroking his tail and vent to get the poo off and to my surprise this greyish-black thing popped out! i thought it was poop at first but then it went back in! i know he is a boy so was that his penis? is it bad if it comes out like that?? also i was wondering what the best calcium supplements are for him? should i give them everyday? I adopted him because he only has 3 and a half legs, and also he has a lot of knicks in his shell and it is kinda flaky! will this repair itslef or is there anyway i can help his shell look healthier? i have him under a MVB so he gets uvb! He does spend most of his time hiding under some orchard grass, so can the uvs penetrate this or should i remove it all together so he can get the most amount of uvbs? thanks for any help you could give me!!

09/02/08  09:37pm

RepticTay
View Profile

Message To: Reptagirl   In reference to Message Id: 1849979

Russian tort penis??

Hi Reptagirl, have not seen you around here before.

Anyway, by the sounds that is his penis. Disgusting isnt it? my hermanns often flashes me and its disgusting!

Anyway, you can use nutrobal supplement for him...this should be used 2 or 3 times a week. Sprinkle over the tortoises food and thats fine.

Can post photos of his shell so we can be exact on those questions.

maybe post photos of his indoor and outdoor cage.

09/03/08  08:45am

Reptagirl
View Profile

Message To: RepticTay   In reference to Message Id: 1850241

Russian tort penis??

hi there, i guess i should introduce myself a little lol! my name is Paula and i am usually on the bearded dragon forum, but i just adopted a russian tortoise a couple weeks ago from petsmart! when they got him in he only had 3 and a half legs! it def looks like he was just born this way! i also have my beardie, 4 corn snakes, 2 pomeranians, and 2 rats! i love animals, i am going to school to become a vet tech! but anyway... yes it was pretty gross lol! where do i find this nutrobal supplement? i will post pics as soon as i can, i cant find my cord that attaches it to the computer lol! thanks for all your help!!

09/03/08  09:02pm

Reptilefreak23
View Profile

Message To: Reptagirl   In reference to Message Id: 1850862

Russian tort penis??

lol technically its calles "Hemi Penes" (Him eye - Pee ns)

09/03/08  10:37pm

RepticTay
View Profile

Message To: Reptagirl   In reference to Message Id: 1850862

Russian tort penis??

you can order nutrobal from online websites, EBAY is very common and sometimes cheap.

Or find a local pet store and ask if they sale reptile Products, if yes...ask for nutrobal or a supplement for tortoises.

usually it is a dusty powder formation, and you sprinkle it over their food. Nurtobal is just one i use, you can use other supplement brands such as TNT, T-rex, Nutrobal, and similar things.

For now just put a slate of cuttlebone in. thats used for parrots, and other birds... it is calcium, and does the tortoise good. Either they eat it or they dont. if not dont take it out, as they will climb it often and that keeps their claws and beak in shape.

09/04/08  06:55am

Back to Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area