Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Uromastyx Forum

Abg   Deenosmom   Breezie5353   Wild_life10   Benedita   UROKEEPER   Deenosmom   Benedita   Wild_life10  
 Member  Message

Abg
View Profile

Swollen foot

I have a 2 1/2 year old uro and her back foot has swollen up. Does not seem to bother her. Any suggestions before we venture 2 hours to the nearest reptile vet in the cold.

01/21/11  02:29pm

Deenosmom
View Profile

Message To: Abg   In reference to Message Id: 2200055

Swollen foot

I am having the same problem with my bearded dragon I think her legis broken....I’m scared to take her to the vet cause it may cost alot of money and the hubby will flip........Michele

01/21/11  04:15pm

Breezie5353
View Profile

Message To: Deenosmom   In reference to Message Id: 2200081

Swollen foot

take her to the vet ASAP! she may have something underlying that is wrong. or it might be something simple, although i don’t know what that would be. but i would definately not let it go. please do the right thing and take her to the vet.

01/21/11  08:13pm

Wild_life10
View Profile

Swollen foot

i know a guy that had a similar issue happen to his uro one time.
long story short.... it spread into both legs, eventually developed into lose of lower movement, lower paralasis set in and eventual death. it is believed to have been MBD, but not positive.

it is possible that this is not at all what your uro is going threw, but with him, the swollen foot/feet was fluid build up ( or lack of flow). not sure why or what brought it on..... but thats what happened.

i would suggest you make the trip. i could be costly, perhaps not.
good luck

01/21/11  10:59pm

Benedita
View Profile

Swollen foot

It could be an injury, infection, or symptom of a disease such as gout. A vet visit is in order.

And for the person with the bearded dragon:
You are responsible for proper care of your animals, and this includes veterinary care. If you cannot afford necessary veterinary care then give the animal to a reptile rescue.

01/21/11  11:41pm

UROKEEPER
View Profile

Message To: Benedita   In reference to Message Id: 2200207

Swollen foot

I agree with Benedita, This sounds very much like gout. It could also be an injury/infection. A vet visit is an absolute must.

01/22/11  12:57am

Deenosmom
View Profile

Message To: UROKEEPER   In reference to Message Id: 2200218

Swollen foot

first of Benedita i’m not giving my bearded dragon to a rescue, Second there are other reasons why my hubby would flip and I’m not telling the whole thing on why. Any how I won the fight My bearded dragon is going to the vet on Monday ......Uro keeper just wanted to tell you it may not be broken she was running around on it today my hubby thinks she sprained it getting her foot suck in between the tile so now hubby is taking the tile out and putting in the reptile carpet because hes afraid of it happening again. I will let you know the out come Uro keeper in a message........Michele Oh the reason why shes not going today is cause the vet is closed

01/22/11  03:14pm

Benedita
View Profile

Message To: Deenosmom   In reference to Message Id: 2200300

Swollen foot

I am glad you are taking your bearded dragon to the vet.

Feet and toes can get stuck in reptile carpet loops more easily than in gaps in tiles. best to fill in between the tile gaps. If you want to permanently affix it use tile adhesive and grout. If you want to be able to remove the tiles use aquarium silicone to fill the gaps before putting the tiles down. A temporary solution would be to fill the gaps with sand.

01/25/11  08:18am

Wild_life10
View Profile

Message To: Deenosmom   In reference to Message Id: 2200300

Swollen foot

i to would avoid the carpet.

01/25/11  03:27pm

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area