Uromastyx Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Etunes   Vers   Old rex   Etunes   Etunes   Rokdog   Rokdog   Rokdog  

Member  Message

Etunes
View Profile

I am starting to hate these people

Well I am done. Reptile UV has been suggested to me lots of time. So I have been using them. I have 2 Uromastyx so I order 2 bulbs. The one I used has been absolutely fantastic. Matter of fact it just burnt out after a year. But one I got from them burnt out after a week. So I called them. I sent mine back and payed shipping to do it and they sent me one and it burnt after 2 days. Well here we are a year later and after a year of emailing and phone calling and no reply what so ever I am done. This company stinks. I hate them. They have a great product but when it fails they won’t back it up. And there customer service has been horrible.

Now I need alternatives. What brands should I use for uvb? Is there anything similar. I already have a cage built around it the bulb. With how tall it is. What do I use?

02/25/12  05:08pm

Vers
View Profile

Message To: Etunes   In reference to Message Id: 2256845

Currently I would not recommend ReptileUV. Until they can prove they once again have a quality product on their hands I see no reason to invest in any of their bulbs. That said, I believe the next best thing is ZooMed’s PowerSun MVBs. From my relatively limited experience (using three 160 watt bulbs for a few months now) they have performed quite well (no flickering, no burnouts) and since they are made in Japan I’d assume they have good QC, at least in comparison to, for example, China or Taiwan. I’ve been tossing around the idea of picking up a UV Meter but have yet to pull the trigger, so I can’t comment on actual output. This is an area where I’d have to trust the manufacturer’s numbers, at least until I can measure the UV output myself.

Hopefully others will chime in with their own experiences.

02/25/12  06:27pm

Old rex
View Profile

Message To: Vers   In reference to Message Id: 2256849

I have a really nice uvb it hasn’t burnt out for 1.5 to 2 years and it still going! Ill try to find the box or brand name for you i think it may have been reptiglo

02/26/12  12:44am

Etunes
View Profile

Message To: Old rex   In reference to Message Id: 2256877

OK guys. Thanks a ton. I will order those bulbs online vers right now. I made my cages so freaking tall fir these fixtures. What a waste. I feel retarded.

02/26/12  11:08am

Etunes
View Profile

Message To: Old rex   In reference to Message Id: 2256877

Can you get any of these locally? Such as from PETCO?

02/26/12  11:09am

Rokdog
View Profile

Message To: Etunes   In reference to Message Id: 2256901

they are about 1/2 price online compared to Petco or PetSmart unless you get them on sale.
check Amazon or PetMountain.com or ReptileSupply.com

02/26/12  11:27am

Rokdog
View Profile

here’s a nice thread dedicated to the butt heads at ReptileUV

ReptileUV sucks

notice, DebMac never answers the questions presented too her & is nothing more than a troll trying to "pimp her product"

02/26/12  11:34am

Rokdog
View Profile

& yet another thread dedicated to the lousy product & customer service at ReptileUscrewedme

ReptileUsrewedMe

02/26/12  11:38am

Back to Uromastyx Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area