Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Water Dragons Forum

Chris87   Repti1   DragonPaw   Finners   Fivel   TwilightDreamer1979   Saf  
 Member  Message

Chris87
View Profile

Do water dragons have teeth?

im getting a water dragon and i was just wondering do water dragons have teeth? and does it hurt when they bite you thank you, ~chris~

06/25/06  08:33pm

Repti1
View Profile

Message To: Chris87   In reference to Message Id: 851281

yes they have teeth no it does hurt just work with your wd and it wont bit you

06/25/06  08:42pm

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: Chris87   In reference to Message Id: 851281

Yes, they do have sharp, tiny teeth. It depends on how hard the dragon bites down, and also whether it is a hatchling, juvie, or an adult. For example, if the dragon is convinced that your pinkie finger is a super worm, it will bite hard and it will hurt plenty, and most likely draw blood. Though if the dragon thinks your pinkie finger is a super worm, but realizes its mistake just in time, it will only bite down lightly. I hand feed my dragons, and one seems to often miss the worm I hold and bites my finger, but not hard because she realizes that that finger doesnít taste like a worm, lol. Anyway, if you hurt your dragon, or scared it in some way, it will also bite in defense and will probably bite hard enough to draw some blood, which will hurt most likely like a hard nip, but nothing too bad. Though I believe Aussie dragons have more of a hard-biting streak then Chinese dragons. One person had a photo of a bite with stitches on their finger from an Aussie dragon. Iím sure an adult Chinese water dragon also has the power to do that if it wants to though.

06/25/06  08:51pm

Finners
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 851302

I think the finger with stiches in it wasnít a bite from an Aussie. If you are talking about the one Iím thinking off. It was a former member Pigdog. He cut it doing something, canít remember.
Iíve gotten accidentaly bit because I was feeding my dragon...but it didnít hurt, just scared me because it was a surprise.

06/25/06  10:52pm

Fivel
View Profile

Message To: Finners   In reference to Message Id: 851566

Yes they have huge shark teeth. lol. Yeah i remember that pic too. It doesnít look like any bite i have ever seen. I totally think that he cut it on something. Just remember that their teeth curve back too. So if they get caught on something like cloth. Jut be gentle when pulling it out.

06/26/06  02:42am

TwilightDreamer1979
View Profile

Message To: Fivel   In reference to Message Id: 851874

YES they have teeth. Only if a Water Dragon is really scared and doesnít see any other way of excape will it bite. Iíve never been bitten, itís the accidental damage they can do with their claws that can be more of a concern. (I have light scarring on my left arm from Killer trying to climb me while I was wearing a sleeveless top!)

TD.x.

06/26/06  07:16am

Saf
View Profile

Message To: TwilightDreamer1979   In reference to Message Id: 851962

Unless there a certain lil lady called jollop who enjoys nothing more then a lil snap every now and then :) perfectly friendly snap tho lol
But no it doesnt hurt when they bite, just leave a lil triangle of small indents in your finger or where ever for a few mins. but like TD said, there scratches (sp??) can be pritty nastly when they dont wanna be held and wanna get outa your hands or wanna use you as a climbing frame (roxy enjoys nothing more then to climb up my legs usally under my jeans tho lol ouch ouch)

06/26/06  07:30am

Back to Water Dragons Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area